View Full Version : TR6 69 TR6 carb questions

08-13-2009, 10:50 AM
I have a 69 TR6 with stock strombergs and fixed metering needles. I have a lot to learn about these. On the bottom of the carbs are what I would describe as large brass screws. What are these actually called? How are they removed? The slot in these "screws" is rounded at the bottom. It looks like someone butchered them using a normal screwdriver. I do not want to destroy them further. Is there a special tool to remove these? If so, who carries them? Any help would greatly be appreciated.


08-13-2009, 11:32 AM
Kevin, they are NOT brass screws. They are pressure fit.
That is why they are usually buggered up by someone sticking
massive screwdrivers in the slots. They come off with the
float bowls. Although I might be dead wrong about this.

Download Buckeye Triumph 3 sections on carbs. Good reference

All your answers can be found here: in my personal opinion.
Jeff is a really good guy and, IMO , does excellent work.
Others might disagree.



dale Tinster

08-13-2009, 01:12 PM
I don't know which version would be on a 69 TR6, but on at least some of them, the brass 'plug' screws into the body, and has just an O-ring between it and the float bowl. When you pull the bowl off, the brass piece remains behind.

In either case, that would be my suggestion; remove the bowl first so you can see better what is going on. The "plug" actually forms a 'well' to keep fuel from sloshing away from the jet intake.