PDA

View Full Version : Wife wants to drive the Midget!?!?!?!

vagt6
08-12-2009, 07:54 AM
For the first time ever, the wee woman want to drive one of my "fun" vehicles: the nice '74 Midget I purchased last week.

I almost fell out of the chair when she said she'd like to drive it. Of course, I don't mind, but it's the first time she's ever gotten close to one of "my" cars. Normally, she doesn't like to drive manual transmission cars (but she's perfectly capable of doing so).

She's never driven my '05 MINI Cooper S (w/JCW package), never wanted to. I think this is strange, but it's true.

She never wanted to drive either of my GT6s, and didn't really like riding in them. I also have a nice 1970 Mustang, she never wanted to drive it, either. In fact, she won't drive any of the above cars even after I prod her to drive them!

Sooo, she thinks the Midget is "cute"! Well, it is the first roadster I've had since we've been married.

Go figure. :crazyeyes:

longbridgehealey
08-12-2009, 08:04 AM
That's how it starts! Pretty soon she'll have her own keys to all of them, and be keeping track of who's turn it is to drive... :lol:

Goodluck!!
Larry

Gliderman8
08-12-2009, 08:15 AM
Bad, very bad :jester:

JamesWilson
08-12-2009, 09:03 AM
Just wait 'til it becomes "her" car.... :devilgrin:

tony barnhill
08-12-2009, 11:13 AM
Just wait 'til it becomes "her" car.... :devilgrin:
& when it does, you have a good argument for buying another!

drooartz
08-12-2009, 02:14 PM
It's a good thing! I hope she enjoys it.

My wife can't drive a stick -- I keep threatening to teach her how in the Bugeye once it's on the road. Besides, I've got a spare transmission and can swap it myself. <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/grin.gif

Don_R
08-13-2009, 07:32 AM
That is how it starts. Steph didn't want to learn to drive a stick till she saw a Sunbeam Alpine. Now she wants to learn so she can get one.

Gundy
08-13-2009, 07:36 PM
Tis a slippery slope...
I had to buy the wife a B to keep from getting
behind the BE's wheel.
Now the shoe is on the other foot. I love driving her B.
:devilgrin: