View Full Version : Where can i find it?

08-30-2004, 09:39 PM
to pass smog in California i need an working EGR valve for my 1979 1500 Spitfire. Seems the PO put a drop of weld into the valve cavity! (to seal it?) two questions: first, is it possible to simply drill out the weld and therefore make the valve work again? (the rubber part works fine but the stem looks like it was "cut off" was there also another piece on the end here?).
Second if i can't do the above where can i get one? can anyone help? thanks guys.

Bill Redd
08-30-2004, 11:53 PM
I would imagine any of the Big Three (Moss, Victoria British, or The Roadster Factory) would have them.

www.mossmotors.com (https://www.mossmotors.com)
www.victoriabritish.com (https://www.victoriabritish.com)
www.the-roadster-factory.com (https://www.the-roadster-factory.com)

08-31-2004, 10:05 AM
YOu could also try www.spitbits.com (https://www.spitbits.com)

08-31-2004, 03:38 PM
You could also try a different smog station. My 76 passed with out a functioning egr and other various equipment.