PDA

View Full Version : Pictures from Day of Triumph

Brosky
07-26-2009, 08:45 PM
I know that several others took them, but this is all I got before my camera batteries went south. If anyone has some that they want me to add to my web page, let me know.

NET Day of Triumph (https://www.74tr6.com/netdot2009.htm)

tinman58
07-26-2009, 08:53 PM
WOW great photos!! Looks like a lot of very nice triumphs!
I assume that that was your TR6? I like the third brake light on the roll bar. What kind is it and how does it install?
Dan

Brosky
07-26-2009, 08:57 PM
Dan,

I bought it on line for about $30 from a lighting shop. LED Lightbars (https://signaldynamics.com/products/LightBars/15ultra.asp)
Probably the best $30 that I ever spent on the car.

I ran the wiring down through the roll bar on the drivers side, where it was easy to tie into the wire harness.

Brosky
07-26-2009, 09:00 PM
Here's some more pictures that Al (Trick6) took and posted on another Forum.

Day of Triumph by Al's camera (https://www.6-pack.org/sixpack/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=10951)

BobbyD
07-27-2009, 08:05 AM
OK.... This is interesting........I'm using FireFox 3.5 and it loads the pictures about 3 screens off to the right. I have to scroll way right to see them. If I use IE, they pop right in as they should. This is when web site work drives you nuts!

Brosky
07-27-2009, 09:05 AM
And it displays as designed in Opera and Mozilla.

EDIT:

Bob, that could be based on your monitor resolution settings.

BobbyD
07-27-2009, 09:34 AM
Paul.... there's something going on with Firefox and the code for just that one page. I just checked it on our laptop and my wife's PC, all running Firefox and the frame loads fine but the page heading and the pictures below it are all 3 screens off to the right. All your other pages load just fine. Anybody else with Firefox seeing the same thing?

tdskip
07-27-2009, 10:17 AM
I have issue Bob in Firefox Bob.

TR3driver
07-27-2009, 11:06 AM
Works fine for me, Firefox 3.0.10

Sometimes it pays to stay off the bleeding edge ...

Gliderman8
07-27-2009, 11:28 AM
Great photo's Paul. :thankyousign: for posting them!

Brosky
07-27-2009, 11:29 AM
Try it again after clearing your caches and let me know what you see now.

Thanks,

PR

BobbyD
07-27-2009, 12:13 PM
Paul...... this is the stuff that will make you nuts when you maintain a web site. I just randomly went through about 20 of your links and everything works perfectly except the car show photo galleries e.g. Day of Triumph, BMCNEPhoto.htm, Netphoto.htm, British Legends 2006, Valley of Sin etc. They all load fine in IE and load 3 full screens off to the right in Firefox 3.5. So it must be something with how you load a photo gallery to your site that Firefox 3.5 isn't liking. Just went and checked the laptop version and it's running 3.0.11 and has the same problem. Randall had no problem with 3.0.10 so I guess that's where the Firefox change was made.

TR3driver
07-27-2009, 12:32 PM
It may not be the Firefox version at all; but some underlying DLL interface that is the problem. I just tried it again on my work PC, with Firefox 3.0.10 on XP (home machine is still 2K) and it has the problem.

But IE on the same machine works fine.

JodyFKerr
07-27-2009, 12:37 PM
It looks (based on the page source code) that you use Front Page to develop the pages.

The problem comes in the main table that contains the page. You have explicit widths for the first 2 columns, and then a 100% setting for the last one. That in combination with the pictures is probably what's setting it off. You may want to manually specify the width (say 700 pixels or so).

Jody

elysium
07-27-2009, 01:26 PM
Paul-I've had the same problem all morning trying to see the pics as well.When first loading I would have an image for 1-2 secs and then it would disappear( not being as resourceful as BobbyD I never went hunting for it but it was @ 3 pages to the right as described) All of the other sections of your site opened and displayed as expected.
Dan-Paul's brake light is superb. I had installed two others that looked like crappe' and the put this on and it is A++++++. Actually have the feeling that folks might even see me know!

BobbyD
07-27-2009, 01:51 PM
It sounds like Jody spotted the problem. Jody....do you see the same thing on the other car show pages that are located way down the bottom of his navigation menu? I also use FrontPage for all of my web work and keep telling myself that I'll learn HTML someday.......but that will never happen.

Don't you love these forums....we troubleshoot car problems and HTML problems!

Brosky
07-27-2009, 04:21 PM
I saw what Jody said and thanks. I went into the code and changed that table to 90%. Let me know how this looks now.
Thanks,
Paul

elysium
07-27-2009, 04:54 PM
Paul
Just hit the link and got the same result-it loaded but all the pics are still @3 columns over.

Brosky
07-27-2009, 05:25 PM
Please do me a favor and try this page: Test page for DOT (https://www.74tr6.com/netdot2010.htm)

TR3driver
07-27-2009, 05:30 PM
Looks good to me, Paul.

Brosky
07-27-2009, 05:35 PM
Hey thanks Randall. There is a hang up with F/P if you load in a bunch of pictures at once. You just have to do them individually. I can fix this later tonight.

Thanks to all for pointing this out to me.

Brosky
07-27-2009, 07:15 PM
It should be all fixed by now.

Thanks to all for your input and for letting me know there was a problem.

swift6
07-27-2009, 07:37 PM
Paul, was that race car TR6 Bob Lang's?

elysium
07-27-2009, 09:52 PM
Paul
All is working as it should be and thanks for the great pictures (and all the extra effort to make them work for us)

BTW,aren't we just about coming due once again to try for a cruise around the area one of these days? Didn't work out so well last time we tried to hook up at Beavertail if you recall,but I hope you won't consider us jinxed.

Brosky
07-29-2009, 08:14 AM
We now have a group that can get together. Steve, Erik, Howell you and me, plus anyone else who wants to join in.

Twosheds
07-29-2009, 09:11 AM
Paul, was that race car TR6 Bob Lang's?

I know you asked Paul, so forgive me if I butt in...

That sure looks like Bob's TR6 autocrosser. In an e-mail from Bob on the Friends of Triumph List, he writes about attending, but driving his street TR6. Perhaps he took two cars?

elysium
07-29-2009, 12:17 PM
Paul
I think it would be great fun to put together a cruise (if we could ever get some decent days strung together). I was going to suggest hooking up at a cruise night but I went to the Oakland Beach event last night and was shunted into the overflow lot. When a Ferrari 308 parked nearby I observed that we now comprised the entire foreign car contingent! Do you know of other area cruise nights that might be a bit more "diverse"? Summer is approaching the 1/2 way mark and I would like to get some driving in,particularly with some like minded (if not right minded!) folks. Also like BobbyD's idea of trying to put together a drive swap opportunity if the logistics of that could be worked out.I would be happy to host it Warwick provided a central location if we could lure some Ct folks or look to hook up in S. County or Newport for some driving and eating.

Ideas?????

Partakers????

Brosky
07-29-2009, 12:42 PM
Sounds good. I can handle the menu ideas, you take care of the weather. Fair enough?