PDA

View Full Version : For sale TR1 1/2!

tinman58
07-12-2009, 06:16 PM
After trying to get the new tub to square up to no avail we took some measurements and found the front half of the donor tub to be out of square. It is true that you must measure before you buy do not assume that the previous owner knows all or will tell all. Thank goodness all I really need is the back end. So this morning with sawsall in hand I made a
TR1 1/2 out of a TR3. Add a few more days to the schdeule but I hope to be a t Triumphfest. While the body is being made whole I will be installing the 5-speed tranny. It is amazing how much crud gathers under the car in 2000 miles. Seams weird that we just drove the TR last Saturday.
Dan
https://i401.photobucket.com/albums/pp94/tinman1958/IMG_2197.jpg
https://i401.photobucket.com/albums/pp94/tinman1958/IMG_2216.jpg

tdskip
07-12-2009, 06:32 PM
Thanks for keeping us up to date Dan, and I agree that it seems weird that she is in two pieces after just being driven.

You made great time striping her down. If you were local I would come over and helped.

Good luck!

apbos
07-12-2009, 06:32 PM
Dan
You have been busy in the last 48 hours! I might need a few patches if you do not sell the whole. All I did was cleanup the garage a little. PS a good sale on plastic containers at Wally World.

Paul
P.S. The Brooklands brackets will ship on Monday

mallard
07-12-2009, 06:45 PM
The idea that you will be at Triumphest with that car is amazing to me. Either you work very fast and have much more time than I,or I just work slow. I'm sure it will take me two more years to finish the TR3. I hope to meet up with you at Triumphest. Keep up the good work.

tdskip
07-12-2009, 06:45 PM
Paul brings out a good point actually - the rear half is toss away, right? Are you taking patch requests so the sheet metal doesn't go to waste?

tinman58
07-12-2009, 07:25 PM
If any body wants it or patches be my guest. Let me know what you want! have snips will cut.
P.S. Paul my old tub does not have the mounting holes in the scuttle now, but I marked them out and will drill the holes and put in the extra suppurt benight for strength. As my wonderful wife pointed out we now have a 57-58 TR3. How do you put that on personilzed plates? Looks the same as last year!

Dan
https://i401.photobucket.com/albums/pp94/tinman1958/IMG_2124.jpg

apbos
07-12-2009, 07:47 PM
Dan
On the bright side I guess you will not be needing the wood piece under the dash! I'll give a good look at my body in the am and forward some pics where I could use some patches.

I heard an appropriate quote this morning in church. "Every silver lining has a cloud!" :thumbsup:

Paul

TR4nut
07-12-2009, 08:15 PM
Along the lines of patches, I'm getting the sawzall out to a pretty ratty post-60K body. If anyone needs a chunk feel free to pm.

Randy

tdskip
07-13-2009, 10:01 AM
Dan - "just" the rear of the car is up for requests, right? If so I could use the metal right under the gas tank, from the joint back to about 1/2 way to the rear of the trunk. No problem if Paul (apbos) or anyone else has dibs on that - don't want to interfere with your project!

TR3driver
07-13-2009, 02:07 PM
I getting close to that point with TS39781LO as well. Not much left that isn't either bent or rusted, but let me know if you have any requests.

No, the overdrive is NOT for sale ... it's going into the project TR3 <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/grin.gif

But the driver's side from the A-post forward is OK (except the wing that is already gone); as well as the hood &amp; passenger door. The engine is up for sale as well. Still ran fine after the accident, but needs a rebuild.

tdskip
07-13-2009, 02:19 PM
Randall - I need some front floor sections, bulkhead (foot wells) on both sides and not only could I pick the up but I'd come packing liquid refreshment of your choice and you'd get visitation rights on the bits since we're pretty close....

TR3driver
07-13-2009, 02:48 PM
Skip, you're welcome to come check it out, but the floors are pretty well chewed by tinworm and not worth trying to save, IMO.

The bulkhead should be fine, though, from about 1/2" upward. The kick panels are OK too, I think, but the driver's side has been modified for a speaker.

tinman58
07-13-2009, 05:22 PM
Oh yea I have a bonnett too it is in o.k.shape. A drivers door and a passenger door that is not good and a boot lid.
Dan