View Full Version : TR6 TR6 heater box arm

08-25-2004, 07:40 PM
My TR6 heater box diverter arm is broken. The die casting was full of porosity and crumbled like a cracker. The major parts houses don't even supply the whole box assy, let alone a replacement arm. Any suggestions on where I can get an arm or how to jury rig a repair?

Simon TR4a
08-26-2004, 04:11 PM
You may have to try to get one from a parts car, you could also try contacting any vintage racers as they discard the heaters to reduce weight.

08-26-2004, 05:24 PM
Shot in the dark - There's a guy in Grand Rapids that makes tools for british cars ans is an accomplished machinist - He's good buddies with University Motors who could probably supply him one to duplicate, or YOU could try University Motors - They're primarily a service and restoration business but they might be willing to sell you the bit you need.

Here are their web addys:

www.britishtool.com (https://www.britishtool.com)

Fellas name is Robb Nortier - Great Guy - give him a call

www.universitymotorsltd.com (https://www.universitymotorsltd.com)

These guys REALLY know onions from Leeks when it comes to British Cars - Nice Website too

Good Luck!

Bob M.

08-26-2004, 06:05 PM
You can also call Doug Braden. He has piles or parts. He also is a distributor for the big three as well.
He's in Ohio,...614-878-6373.
I was told not to call til afternoon. Not sure why,...but that's what I was told.

08-28-2004, 12:17 AM
Thanks for the input, but after some thought, I came up with an alternate design and was able to fabricate one quite easily out of aluminum angle (using only a hack saw and drill). It seems to work fine. Once again, thanks for the help.