PDA

View Full Version : TR2/3/3A TR3A odd windshield studs needed

Got_All_4
07-09-2009, 08:51 PM
Been meaning to post this for years. Can't find these anywhere and been looking for 30 years now. Couple years ago TRF can out with something similar but didn't fit. I'm planning to go to TRF's summer party and If we get caught in the ran the top leaks like a shiv. I need 3 of these if anyone would be so kind to part with a few.

TR3driver
07-10-2009, 12:41 AM
That is odd ... have you talked to TRF about it? There was only one part number for that kind of stud, so the ones from TRF should be right. They are very rare, as apparently only a very few cars were fitted with the aluminum windscreen surround.

One of our local club members wound up having to make one on the lathe. I think he used stainless though, instead of having it chromed.

This is the image from the TRF on-line catalog; sure looks like it should be the same:

Adrio
07-10-2009, 05:48 AM
This is very loosely related to the thread so please forgive me. On my steel frame the DOP must have had a problem with the thread on one of the sockets for the regular studs and drilled right through the frame to the inside. The result is an unsightly nut on the inside. Would this part work for me in so far as at making the inside look nicer at least. Or any other suggestions would be welcome.

TR3driver
07-10-2009, 08:59 AM
I believe it should work, Adrio. In fact I'm contemplating doing the same thing, because one of my holes is stripped.

Got_All_4
07-10-2009, 09:11 PM
When i get to TRF I'll have to try them again. I distinctly remember them not fitting. I may take a rimer and try rimming the hole. If I recall the windshield was right there and I was afraid to chip it.