PDA

View Full Version : Wedge TR8 tan dash pics

tr8todd
07-07-2009, 08:30 AM
The photos make it look a little milky. In person it's slightly darker. The color is a close match to the canvas top and the buckskin emblems. I'm happy with the results, so now it's on to the seats, e brake boot, shifter boot, and door panels.

Mickey Richaud
07-07-2009, 08:40 AM
Looks good!

Wonder how it would look with black carpets... :confuse:

tdskip
07-07-2009, 08:51 AM
How did you do that - paint designed for plastics? Changes the look of the car quite a bit.

tr8todd
07-07-2009, 09:05 AM
I took a spare black dash from a coupe and washed it down with dish soap and purple cleaner. Dried it in the sun. Sprayed with a couple of cans of Krylon Fusion plastic paint. Something I have always thought about doing. Years ago I had a car that suffered a dash fire on the PO. I couldn't get a grey dash at the time, so I sprayed a black one grey with vinyl dye. It came out looking like a factory dash. To this day, it still looks fresh, unlike the factory ones that have all faded. How do you like the five lug 16X8 Enkei RPF1 wheels?

MCNX_BFF
07-07-2009, 11:52 AM
Wow, Todd!
What a difference! It looks fab; you did a great job! Tom-you thinkin' what I'm thinkin'?

The Enkei wheels are niiiice. I was recently at a local car show and saw them in a dark-chrome looking finish. Yours look fantastic with your color scheme. :thumbsup: What's next, Todd? --Monica

tr8todd
07-07-2009, 12:17 PM
My wife will sew up the new shifter boot, e brake boot, etc out of a tan vinyl that matches the dash. I have to install the footwell vents and make up some covers. I have nice original ones in black, so I'll mix and match till it looks right. Next big expense will be the leather for the seats and door panels. Over the Winter I will dive into building the twin turbo 4 liter motor. Have almost all of the pieces for it squirreled away.