PDA

View Full Version : TR2/3/3A Scuttle Vent Installation TR3A

Tinkerman
07-06-2009, 07:18 PM
I'm ready to install my scuttle vent lid and have searched my stuff and the BCF threads. Lotta descriptions but no pictures. Would one of you kind souls take a picture of your scuttle vent in the open position showing the mechanism, if possible? I certainly would appreciate it. I'm working under dash right now and I want to get it done bwefore I add more confusion under there.

Thanks, Tinkerman

mrv8q
07-06-2009, 08:04 PM
Here you go, Dick, hope it helps.....

https://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p52/mrv8q/IMG_1059.jpg

Tinkerman
07-07-2009, 06:59 AM
Thanks Kevin, it helps tremdously. I see that it is body color, so know I get to check out my rattle can of body color paint. The pin connecting the actual mechanism to the vent lid looks like some of the pins and spring clips I used rebuilding the SU's. That is the only part I need so I expect the I will be able to scrounge something up.
I really appreciate your help. Clears up a bunch of questions/confusions.

Tinkerman

Don Elliott
07-07-2009, 10:02 AM
Don't forget that the black rubber hose that drains the water out of the vent bottom. It comes out the firewall behind carb #2. On my early 1958 TR3A it comes out the rubber blanking plate and seal for the RHD steering column. On later TR3As without the RHD steering column hole, it comes out near there as on the late BRG TR3A we finished in 2006.

Tinkerman
07-07-2009, 10:21 AM
Thanks for the pic Don, wasn't quit sure where it came out. I have the drain tube and it is on the table with all the other parts that need to go under the dash. So your post is very timely!

Tinkerman