PDA

View Full Version : Front springs - just call Richard

tdskip
07-06-2009, 02:34 PM
Sorry for the cross-post, but I wanted to share my feedback on the front springs adventure I went through. After trying to different vendors I finally just installed a pair of Richard's front springs and they fit and worked perfectly. I was looking for a slightly lower than stock ride height but nothing crazy and they are just the ticket.

If you are considering new front spring I'd strongly/highly recommend Richard and just get it done right the first time.

I hope this saves someone else a bunch of time and effort.

martx-5
07-06-2009, 03:28 PM
Anymore info on this Richard guy??? Do you have a link to his website, or a way to contact him??? Googling "Richard's front springs" didn't help. :crazyeyes:

Brosky
07-06-2009, 03:41 PM
Art, I'll bet that Tom meant Richard Good, as in Goodparts.

GoodParts (https://www.goodparts.com/)

Gliderman8
07-06-2009, 03:42 PM
Anymore info on this Richard guy??? Do you have a link to his website, or a way to contact him??? Googling "Richard's front springs" didn't help. :crazyeyes:

Art- I am taking a guess that Tom is speaking of Richard Good of Good Parts (https://www.goodparts.com/). I too have used Richard and and can say that he is one of the best I've encountered in obtaining parts as well as working on Triumphs.

Art- you can see that Paul has faster fingers than I do.... :jester:

martx-5
07-06-2009, 03:42 PM
Thanks Paul. If the OP said Richard Good, I would have known who he was talking about.

DNK
07-06-2009, 04:05 PM
Tom- You gonna chance the Richard Good spring sag ?

tdskip
07-06-2009, 04:59 PM
Sorry guys - yes, Richard Good. Paul has the link.

Don't we all sag at some point Don?

martx-5
07-06-2009, 05:04 PM

:lol: :lol: :lol:

How true that is!! :cheers:

tomshobby
07-06-2009, 05:33 PM

:lol: :lol: :lol:

How true that is!! :cheers:

Helps when cornering.

DNK
07-06-2009, 06:52 PM
Hey ,Hey.
No Peeking!

Brosky
07-06-2009, 08:08 PM
Sagging begins at 30, whether we admit it or not. By 40, we are pretty much ignoring it and by 50, complete and total denial has set in.

DNK
07-06-2009, 08:09 PM
Bingo!

DougF
07-06-2009, 09:38 PM
His springs have a very nice ride height. What did you do for the rear? Are you running upgraded sway bars?

tdskip
07-06-2009, 10:20 PM
His springs have a very nice ride height. What did you do for the rear? Are you running upgraded sway bars?

Hi Doug - I have a set of his rear springs but haven't installed them yet. Stock front bar with poly mounts, I have a some sort of funky rear bar that I'm thinking about installing, but was going to wait until I rebuilt the rear and drove her a bunch first.

What are you running?

DougF
07-07-2009, 08:01 PM
I have Richard Good front and rear springs, Amco sway bars front/rear, Nylatron bushings, and adjustable trailing arm brackets; tube shocks and a couple other things.
You will notice a great difference in handling, especially with the sway bars.

BobbyD
07-08-2009, 07:59 PM
Sure there's Cher, Madonna, A-Rod, Kobe, Tiger et al but we've got Richard, Herman, Dan, Art, Rick, Ted and, now past, Uncle Jack. :driving:

I've got Goodparts stuff all over my car too. Geeze I've sent him a lot of money over the past 4 years! :yesnod:

DougF
07-08-2009, 11:14 PM
Me too.
My old GP wish list is now either on the car or on the shelf waiting to be installed...if I ever get my engine back from the shop...is it 9 or 10 months now?

tdskip
07-08-2009, 11:57 PM
Doug, so what is up with the engine rebuild? Any updates or just dead air as to status?

DougF
07-09-2009, 12:24 AM
Did you ever say something that you wished you could take back? Those two little words I said when the block was dropped of at the shop are coming back to haunt me. My idea of "No hurry" and his are a little different.
If the car wasn't running so well, I would be upset.
I ran into a little bit of a set back last month working on the head, so I'm now looking at next Spring.