MadMarx
06-23-2009, 02:14 AM
Maybe you might like to watch this:

https://picasaweb.google.de/tr4racing/TR4Racing#5350257132069819330

Cheers
Chris

aeronca65t
06-23-2009, 05:15 AM
I really enjoy seeing the European tracks. We have some great curcuits here (Watkins Glen, Summit Point, etc). But I doubt I'll ever get to race on any of your courses.

Looks like the track was a little greasy or slippery. You seemed to be having a good dice with one car in particular (I think an MGB....blue and #2?).

Lots of left hand turns for a road racing curcuit.....I like that.

Those viewing stands are HUGE!

I kept wondering if your clutch was slipping between shifts, but maybe you were just being gentle with it. I couldn't tell.

I have one recent Triumph-related video.

~Click Here~ (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lss6JS-lO_c) to view it. During most of it, I'm following my friend Paul in his yellow Triumph GT-6.

(This is shot with a ~FLIP~ (https://www.amazon.com/Flip-Ultra-Camcorder-60-Minutes-Black/dp/B000V1PXMI/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1245751732&sr =8-2) solid-state video camera. About $100 USD and uses two AA batteries.)
The FLIP is designed to be used by teenage girls......so it's *just perfect* for me. :jester:

MadMarx
06-23-2009, 07:38 AM
Was the first time I raced at Hockenheim.
The track don't forgive any mistakes. You get punished with a massive laptime loss or leaving the tracklane.

It is a F1 track and designed for F1.

The bite of the tires is medium on that track but is getting better during the weekend.

You saw that right, one of the clutches did slip from time to time. Maybe OD or main clutch. I suppose the main clutch because the engine is leaking oil at the rear crank seal.

I'll watch your videos tonight.

Cheers
Chris

tdskip
06-23-2009, 08:14 AM
Love these clips Chris, thanks!

Tosh
06-23-2009, 08:26 PM
Thanks for the video link.

Son and I spent an overnight and subsequent day sightseeing at the Hockenheim course back in '01. Unfortunately the only thing on the track that day were bicycle racers. Still the place has a neat museum of race cars and racing artifacts..a-la Indy in that respect.
Always remember it as the place where Jim Clark died 42 years ago.

Keep on.

pjsmetana
06-23-2009, 09:31 PM
Great Video! I love your Overdrive switch location!

MadMarx
06-24-2009, 05:41 AM
Unfortunately they didn't hold the old track layout when they rebuild the track in 2001 or something. The old track with the long straights through the wood were great.

The OD switch was at first opposite to the turn indicator lever but that prevented me from shifting OD and gearbox at the same time. So the idea was to have a knob close the the left hand so that I don't have to take the hands off the steering wheel. Smoother handling of the car.

Cheers
Chris

Telly
06-24-2009, 09:14 PM
The video didn't work.

"Dieses Video steht zurzeit nicht zur Verfugung.
Bitte versuchen Sie es spater erneut."????

The only German I know is "ein Bier, Bitte".

pjsmetana
06-24-2009, 09:23 PM
Dieses Video steht zurzeit nicht zur Verfugung.
Bitte versuchen Sie es spater erneut

means: This video is currently not available.
Please try again later

MadMarx
06-25-2009, 12:09 AM
I tried the link and it did work.
Maybe if too many people watching at the same time they block bandwidth.