PDA

View Full Version : Never heard of it

Bruce Bowker
08-17-2004, 10:02 PM
Never heard of it but a great looking 50's car.

https://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayIS...p;category=6472 (https://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=2487198985&catego ry=6472)

coldplugs
08-17-2004, 10:31 PM
Looks well made. I think all GT's were essentially kit cars so there are probably no two alike. The engine is perfect for the car - right down to the Aquaplane head and manifold.

The later Rochdale Olympic was better known, but I think this GT is the prettier car.

It'll be interesting to see what it sells for - it appears to be a beautiful example but I doubt there's a big Rochdale following in the US.

Steve_S
08-17-2004, 11:51 PM
Beautiful! Very Jaguar-like. Appears to be Porche Speedster-style wheels.

Roger
08-18-2004, 07:09 PM
The wheels are pedestrian beam-axle E93A-type Ford Anglia, which make sme think the same is possibly true of the chassis, and frankly, if so, I wouldn't give 1,000 dollars for it, never mind over 16,000!
You could take a sit-up-and-beg Ford chassis, throw away the body, and bolt a glass-fibre shell on top. Many did, and the vast majority were ghastly.

78Z
08-18-2004, 07:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The wheels are pedestrian beam-axle E93A-type Ford Anglia, which make sme think the same is possibly true of the chassis, and frankly, if so, I wouldn't give 1,000 dollars for it, never mind over 16,000!
You could take a sit-up-and-beg Ford chassis, throw away the body, and bolt a glass-fibre shell on top. Many did, and the vast majority were ghastly.

[/ QUOTE ]

It does have mechnical brakes too so you may be right.

BEEJAY7
08-18-2004, 08:03 PM
I think most of these cars had Ford 100e side valve running gear.
Nice little cars and difficult to find ones in good condition now. There is an active Owners Club.

Regards

Alan

Paul Johnson
08-19-2004, 09:52 PM
Have seen this particular car. It is currently at the antique mall in Dallas, next to Love Field. They have a fairly large section for old cars. The thing is beautiful, but about a 5, even if you were interested in the ancient mechanicals. Think he's asking 20K. Guy imports lots of stuff from somewhere and sells them for outrageous prices. He also currently has an NSU Prinz that he's asking 17k for if memory serves. But, if anyone wants a Rochdale, this might be the one chance.