PDA

View Full Version : Wedge tr8 ecu

t-rocks69
08-12-2004, 06:56 PM
hi folks sorry i been gone so long. been on vacation and got so disgusted with my car could not stand to look at it. the car went back to the shop a recurring nightmare i get it out drive home it drives excellent next day it drives a mile or less then dies. so in the garage it has sat until last week it went back in it was traced back to the ECU.. which has been rebuilt once.. the shop sent it off less then 6 mnths ago gave me a 12 month wtty. 12 thousand miles suckers..any way the company who rebuilt it no longer exits so now they are tring to find another one are rebuild mine..
all hail the prince of darkness his name is lucas..if you own a british car he will strike you....oh well thats the way these cars are...any one know some one i can recomend to this shop to rebuild it for them?? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devilgrin.gif

philman
08-12-2004, 09:41 PM
maybe you can purchase one of the aftermarket universal ecu's to replace the triumph one. CarCraft magazine had an article a few months ago about an ecu kit for about $200 that can control fuel injection for 3 to 12 cylinders. Or do what I am doing and get a gm ecu and reprogram it for your application. then you may have to purchase (painless electric) or modify an engine bay harness to mate to the ecu.

ObiRichKanobi
08-13-2004, 12:34 AM
I don't know for sure, but I've heard that TSI can do it. Here's a link... TSI Auto (https://www.tsimportedautomotive.com/)

Rather than rebuild, maybe hunt down a used one. Wedgeparts might be able to help there.