PDA

View Full Version : Front end alignment

reavestr6
08-11-2004, 05:44 PM
I just had the front end of my newly restored TR6 aligned and the front wheels have a noticeable tilt in at the top.They nearly mirror the rear wheels,which I expect to see this on.I replaced all the front end suspension components during the rebuild.Should this be this way?Any input would be appreciated. <font color="blue"> </font> /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Simon TR4a
08-12-2004, 11:02 AM
Your workshop manual will give the correct camber specs, perhaps also the owners manual. This is referred to as "negative camber". From memory I think you should have zero camber on the front wheels, with up to 1 degree negative or 1/2 degree either way acceptable.
Make sure the steering is straight and wheel the car several feet on a flat surface to be sure your impression is correct; sometimes looks odd after jacking or turning.
Simon.

MDCanaday
08-14-2004, 12:12 AM
Camber of the neg type is easily corrected but I am puzzled by this just appearing out of nowhere. just a simple re-build should never be able to do this.It could indicate a bent cross brace from some major collision or something very wrong with the way the upper control arms are done....
MD(mad dog)