PDA

View Full Version : Selling up

jjbunn
05-04-2009, 12:42 AM
I decided finally to sell my TR6, and am stopping by here to thank everyone who helped me and gave me advice when I was restoring it. Unhappily, I've lost all motivation to continue with it after the accident I had last year: I waited a few months to see if inspiration would come and it didn't :-(

If you are interested, the auction details are here: Julian's TR6 (https://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=280341599229)

Julian

NutmegCT
05-04-2009, 06:02 AM
Sorry to hear about the decision to sell, but I suppose many of us find ourselves in similar thought-modes from time to time.

Are you advertising your TR on BCF also? Might reach more real "Triumph" folks, and help BCF along the way if sold through BCF.

Say - you mentioned "selling up". What are you selling up *to*?

Best.
Tom

vagt6
05-04-2009, 06:54 AM
Julian, I certainly hope you'll stay on here and provide input. It's been a pleasure to see your posts and remarks here.

Keep us posted on your next purchase, enjoy the journey, and good luck to you! :thumbsup:

TR4nut
05-04-2009, 08:07 AM
Julian-

I agree with Mark, I hope you pop in from time to time, and I especially hope you come back again to tell us you bought another one of these beasties. Time for a sidescreen adventure..

Randy

tdskip
05-04-2009, 10:39 AM
Good luck and be well.

Geo Hahn
05-04-2009, 01:46 PM
Say - you mentioned "selling up". What are you selling up *to*?

The use of the word 'up' here may be idiomatic as some parts of the country add an 'up' where others do not, e.g. in some areas of the US children are 'raised' and in other parts of the country they are 'raised up'.

As for Julian -- I for one enjoyed his restoration posts and am sorry to see him part with the TR6 though I can understand how an experience like that could dampen one's enthusiasm (and putting up with these cars year-in and year-out does require a significant amount of enthusiasm).

prb51
05-04-2009, 06:51 PM
Julian,
Luck with the sale...done it myself but always end up geting back into the car hobby.