PDA

View Full Version : TR2/3/3A TR3 on e-bay

Mickey Richaud
08-06-2004, 08:03 PM
Check out the opening bid... Makes me feel good about mine!

https://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayIS...p;category=6469 (https://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=2486460558&catego ry=6469)

Mickey

Steve
08-06-2004, 08:11 PM
Hmmmm, interesting. I wonder if he will get any bids with his opening price being that high. If my father had given me a TR3 that he had bought new, wild horses would not make me part with it.

Bruce Bowker
08-06-2004, 09:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
If my father had given me a TR3 that he had bought new, wild horses would not make me part with it.

[/ QUOTE ]

You and me both.

BOXoROCKS
08-07-2004, 12:25 PM
I have made my objections about Ebay before. He says restored to better than new,....BS. I hope people look very hard at the pictures and get some very knowledgeble advise. I personly can't stand these type of sellers.They make it very hard for honest sellers and help destroy the credability of genuinely knowledgeble informed TR owners. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/pukeface.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/pukeface.gif

MichaelF
08-09-2004, 01:33 AM
Hi Boxo -- I'm curious what you can see in the pictures that is the giveaway ? I'm assuming the NON-frame-off respray ? I don't know these cars at all but am interested in the education.

BOXoROCKS
08-09-2004, 11:41 AM
Well... okey dokey. It took me 20 min to hand write it, and I one finger type. When my wife gets a chance I'll ask her to type it. It's not a bad car, but remember... he said no expense spared resto.15 yrs bla bla. I only get mad about these kinds of ads, when they play us for fools, and as I described in my earlier post. I also wish one of our other TR3 mavens, if interested, would speak up.I am starting to feel like the Grinch.

Mark Jones
08-10-2004, 11:53 AM
Okay, did they put the seat bottom upholstry on the wrong seat?

Geo Hahn
08-10-2004, 02:57 PM
Firstly -- I am always wary of good looking cars coming out of Miami from sellers with (0) feedback. Nothing against Miami, just seems to occur an awful lot (and with similar all-caps text too).

Car has a TR4 (or at least TR3B) valve cover.

Many things have been painted that should not have been painted, some things painted black that should be body color or unpainted. Not a crime, but suggests a lack of care or lack of knowledge about the car.

Flasher unit, fuel line, coolant recovery bottle, top webbing are obvious non-original. Yes, it looks like they have the seat bottoms reversed left-to-right. X-bracing seems to be missing from the bottom side of the boot lid. Hard to tell in the photos but that might be a '58 bonnet badge (red & black)?

Well, all this is pretty picky and the real question is what quality of work was done on the body and mechanicals.

For a $17.5 opening bid one would have high expectations.

BOXoROCKS
08-10-2004, 07:33 PM
Thanks GEO, saved me a lot of one finger typing. A few more, home made looking back panel, check out the open bonnet, crunches into the fresh air vent. nice bondo patch in the wheel well. no seam at the rocker to rear dogleg panel,filled over? also can't see any seams on the tonneau panel in back,more filler? if so stupid give aways.no drought excluders around the doors.no white piping on the seats to match the panels.No paint in the spare tire box,real dumbos. Cheesy amateur resto, but asking professional money. After ya get over being mad at these fools ya almost feel sorry for them. nahh.

Steve
08-10-2004, 08:26 PM
I spotted the bondo in the rear wheel well /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif Not being familiar with TRs I was unsure of other details, but the floorpans should be body colour shouldn't they? I think there is evidence that the car used to be red as well.

Geo Hahn
08-13-2004, 12:54 AM
Sold! 1 bid at the opening mark of $17,500. The buyer is from Harrisonburg VA, so maybe some of you will see this one on the road.

Joel Simmons
08-13-2004, 01:56 AM
Aloha,

Well...some schmuck was parted with his cash. It was sold today.

Joel

screenprinter
08-13-2004, 09:24 AM
Joel,
Seeing as you're living in paradise I'll ask a favor - If you get over to Kauai any time soon ride up the highway from Lihue and eat a Duane's Onoburger for me, then do a little snorkeling at Tunnels or Kee - Our favorite beachs on the face of the earth!.

Thanks!! Mahalo!...

Bob M