PDA

View Full Version : TR2/3/3A TR3 Turn signal

tinman58
04-20-2009, 05:54 PM
I have a new turn signal trafficator from TRF with a new steering wheel. The problem is that when I make a turn it won't self cancel unless I turn really sharp . Is there a adjustment? Tired of looking like a duffes driving down the road with my blinker on.
Dan

TR3driver
04-20-2009, 07:00 PM
Yup, kind of. First check that the control head won't turn and that the signal lever points straight up when the turn signals are off.

You'll need to loosen the 3 grub screws in the steering wheel and pull the control head out until you can reach the cancelling ring. Turn the steering wheel to the straight-ahead position; then turn the cancelling ring until it's lever is pointing straight down. Push it back into place in the steering wheel, making sure it goes all the way, then without turning the wheel at all, tighten all 3 grub screws snugly. That should do it.

And don't feel bad, I need to redo mine too. I apparently didn't get the screws tight enough, and it slipped.

Don Elliott
04-20-2009, 07:01 PM
When you install the control head with the horn, it's obvious that the clicker must be straight up at 12 o'clock. But to cancel properly the "twin arrowheads" must be in the center of the slot for them. Also the centerline for the cam with the slope on each side of the slot must be straight down at 6 PM.

mallard
04-20-2009, 07:52 PM
Would the adjustment be the same on an Austin Healey? The control head looks the same.