04-09-2009, 05:55 PM
ALL,

Attempting to attach a new bonnet release and need to adjust it
specific I cannot get to the nut that is inside the spring
need to loosen that so I can thread the rod up a 1/4 inch or so
any thoughts :crazy:

DNK
04-09-2009, 06:09 PM
PB blaster. Remove the whole shooting match if it's giving you that much trouble. Esier to work on the bench

TonyPanchot
04-09-2009, 06:13 PM
thx much will do

TR3driver
04-09-2009, 06:28 PM
I don't understand, why can't you get to the nut? Just jam a wrench through the coils of the spring. If necessary you can use a small pry bar (aka large screwdriver) to pry the coils apart a bit.

Don't forget to tighten that nut again, once you're done.

BobbyD
04-09-2009, 07:10 PM
I don't understand, why can't you get to the nut? Just jam a wrench through the coils of the spring. If necessary you can use a small pry bar (aka large screwdriver) to pry the coils apart a bit.

Don't forget to tighten that nut again, once you're done.

Randall....I've been tempted to buy a set of thin wrenches just for that hood latch nut. A standard thickness wrench, at least none that I own, will not fit between those spring coils. I tried the pry bar with no luck too......actually I was afraid it would slip and gouge the hood. I finally found an old thin bike wrench that was a size too big but gave me enough grip to tighten it down. And I discovered all this after I noticed that my hood wasn't closing as tightly as it used to. Yup.... that darn nut was slowly unscrewing and raising the hood up a little at a time!

TonyPanchot
04-09-2009, 07:33 PM
success
used a multi tool that came with my spray gun
just a cheep o stamped steel item but in the Triumph kit now
and this is a new install latch from TRF spring is very strong

Perrymip
04-09-2009, 09:35 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:]just a cheep o stamped steel item but in the Triumph kit now[/QUOTE]

I'm sure everyone's essential TR tool box has a dozen such serendipitous additions.

TonyPanchot
04-09-2009, 10:32 PM
I am just amazed at the simplicity of this vehicle
I love it !!!!!!!!!!!

TR3driver
04-09-2009, 11:10 PM
A standard thickness wrench, at least none that I own, will not fit between those spring coils. Hmm, well, come to think of it I probably did use a GearWrench and they are pretty thin.

SteveTR
04-09-2009, 11:16 PM
Tony,

Easy to work on and no metric tools needed, how great are those Brit engineers anyway...

Good luck