PDA

View Full Version : Which car is this?

Raarrr
08-01-2004, 06:58 PM
Hey!

A friend of mine took this picture just last week in London and since then he's been bugging me because he forgot what the brand and type was! Can anyone tell me? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

https://www.kaosworld.com/images/uploads/karretje.jpg

Thanks, Ruben

Cottontop
08-01-2004, 07:11 PM
It looks like it might be the new for 2005 Ford RHD mini-Thunderbird hybrid with the optional retractable hardtop and areodynamic wheel discs.

Judging from the rear deck and backglass, it also looks like it tried to get to the loo and didn't quite make it.
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/driving.gif

coldplugs
08-01-2004, 07:15 PM
Nissan Figaro.

Basil
08-01-2004, 09:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Nissan Figaro.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm impressed! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yesnod.gif

Raarrr
08-02-2004, 05:17 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Nissan Figaro.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm impressed! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yesnod.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/iagree.gif Thank you very much! I hope he'll shut up now!!

rulle7
08-02-2004, 06:14 AM
Yep, Nissan Figaro. Plenty around here in Japan. Didn't know they were ever exported...private import, perhaps?

Eric
08-02-2004, 12:51 PM
I remember reading in one of the British car mags I spend all my money on (prob Practical Classics) that there was a couple in England privately importing them and selling them from their home. For all the grief of the MOT and high running costs, the UK laws seem to allow them a much wider choice of interesting wheels than we get in Canada and the US. Some of the loony track day cars people drive over there could not only not be registered here, but would probably get you on some sort of lunatic watch list for even trying! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

William
08-03-2004, 12:51 PM
Friend of mine was on vacation in London a coupla months ago, and fell right in love with the Figaro, and the snail shaped S-Cargo vans.
-William

coldplugs
08-03-2004, 02:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Friend of mine was on vacation in London a coupla months ago, and fell right in love with the Figaro, and the snail shaped S-Cargo vans.
-William

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm not surprised. The Figaro is an impressive little car, made in limited numbers. At one point, you had to win a lottery to be able to buy one (like getting a moose permit in Maine). Do a google search and look at a few of the web sites dedicated to the Figaro and I bet most folks'll be surprised.

I've never seen an SCARGO in the flesh but the styling is sure impressive. It sounds like the old S-CAR GO/ snail joke, doesn't it?