PDA

View Full Version : Clear Hooters

Webb Sledge
07-29-2004, 09:30 PM
Not that kind, sicko. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif I mean the company that makes the wiper switch for TR6s, and maybe some other LBCs. I was reading in Moss that these switches are kind of fragile and have a reputation for exploding and throwing pieces of plastic all over the interior. Has anyone actually had that happen? I'm curious because I had one installed today to replace the broken wiper switch in my TR6. I'd think it was hilarious if that happened though, except for having to buy another one...

UltimateQuestion
07-30-2004, 09:05 AM
Webb,

I don't know about the wiper switch but the original Clear Hooters main lighting switch used in the at least the 1972 GT6/Spit/TR6 (and possibly others) is famous for failing in the same way. Even Triumph stopped using them and went to an identical Lucas switch when the Clear Hooters switches kept sproinging apart /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif

Rick O.
07-30-2004, 09:43 AM
Webb--My Clear Hooters "W A S H" and "W I P E" lettered switches still function fine after 32 years. But I also have Hooters spares just in case. If you want the Lucas switch, you'll have to enlarge the dash holes.

Rick O.
72 TR6