PDA

View Full Version : My First Road Course

GeeBee1
03-23-2009, 04:10 PM
Saturday I did my first Road Course it was at Englishtown NJ, in my 04 MINI, it was a blast.

Pat

DrEntropy
03-25-2009, 03:17 PM
Bit old fer that nonsense, ain't ya fella?!?! :jester:

Good for YOU, Patrick!! Nothin' like floggin' 'round a closed course to learn what the ol' grocery-gitter will do when asked to perform! You now have a great idea as to what it's capabilities are.

Congrats!

aeronca65t
03-25-2009, 03:56 PM
Keen! I'm sure you had fun.

Depending on which layout they had for you, it's *twisty* or *super-twisty*! :laugh:

I ran it the first day it was officially opened. Had good fun racing a new MINI, a Focus and a Subaru. My Miata still had old real Blizzaks on it, so I spun it at least once. They set up the slowest, most twisty layout for us to keep speeds down.

~HERE~ (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7LN3NCrecuw) is a video from my car (I didn't catch the spin).

I wish the windshield header wasn't blocking part of the view, but the video camera mount was just a cobbled affair on the roll bar. Still, you can get the idea what it's like.

LarryK
03-25-2009, 06:54 PM
ABOUT TIME! Where you been? These MINIs are a hoot on the track. Been thrashing mine (03 S) since it had 400mi on it. Run in the advanced class in St. Louis on the 1.65 mi course. Went off once but saved it. Can never be too old, 58 and killin' the kids. Congrats, have fun!!!!

VelodromeRacer
03-26-2009, 05:00 PM
...I remember my first course!...Way to go, you are hooked now!
Now then, you might as well go ahead and start searching for a vintage BMC racer...it will happen sooner or later!

aeronca65t
03-26-2009, 06:13 PM
.......you might as well go ahead and start searching for a vintage BMC racer...it will happen sooner or later!

<span style="font-size: 12pt">+1</span> :yesnod: