PDA

View Full Version : Engine compartment Latests

healeyboz
03-11-2009, 09:58 PM
New alum. flywheel pictured but not seen.
New rad.
Fresh air hose.
Oil breather and catch can.
Fuel filter/regulator with gauge.
Wrapped header.

JPSmit
03-11-2009, 10:00 PM
drooool. stunning!

jlaird
03-11-2009, 10:00 PM
That is so sharp Barry, you put me to shame.

toysrrus
03-11-2009, 10:58 PM
Very, Very Nice.

Regards,

Russ

drooartz
03-11-2009, 11:28 PM
Now that's pretty! I love the radiator and the catch can setup. Which radiator is that?

healeyboz
03-12-2009, 05:00 AM
Thanks fellas. The radiator is from Wizard Cooling in NY.

lbc_newbie
03-12-2009, 07:40 AM
I have another topic going on proper crank case ventilation and was wondering how you like the catch can set up? What prompted you to go this way and do you have a PCV valve set up?

Hap Waldrop
03-12-2009, 07:44 AM
Looks great Barry, you did a good job, I too, like your catch/breather tank.

RonMacPherson
03-12-2009, 11:26 AM
Visually stimulating. Dunno if it's the angle of the photo, but I suggest you look at the "crimp" on the catch can hose. Looks like it's awful tight and crimping. Might want to put a little more hose on to give it a smooth arc...

Midget78
03-12-2009, 11:49 AM
Pretty!..actually that may be the wrong choice of a word since it is kinda girly. How about Sharp. I see your running the fuel king regulator I have. So far I like it but didnt like the fact that I had to plumb in a gauge to actually monitor the fuel pressure. They should have put a gauge on it for the cost of it. I also put a header on my midget. I chose to spray it with high temp paint instead of wrapping it as I heard wrapping helps trap moisture and creates premature rusting and possible cracking. I hope yours holds up for years to come. Nice job. Looks very professional.

Gundy
03-12-2009, 12:23 PM
Very sharp! Very professional. Cheers!

healeyboz
03-13-2009, 05:39 AM
The catch can/breather takes place of the pcv valve. I had a breather hooked to the oil seperator and it has worked great. I just wanted to "clean up" what I had going on and the catch can seemed to be the way to go.

The filter king has a gauge built into it. I noticed that Moss sells the version that doesn't have the gauge. Expensive little devils aren't they?

Actually turned on the fuel pump last night and it leaked. I called the UK and told them what was happening and wanted to return it. It typical Brit fashion they told me to put a bit of loctite on the lead plug and give it a wack with a large tap to reseal. :smile:

I took their advice with the assurance that if it didn't work then I could return it.