PDA

View Full Version : Today's a double anniversary

drooartz
03-11-2009, 07:27 AM
March 11 is a big day in my LBC history.

Four years ago on this day in 2005, I joined the BCF! This was very early in my LBC search quest, and y'all helped me greatly.

Three years ago on this day in 2006 I picked up the Tunebug in Escondido, CA -- in the pouring rain! Fellow BCF member Grantura_MKI had looked it over (and others had offered as well), so I felt confident in making the drive and purchasing it without seeing it. The car was exactly as advertised, so we loaded up and headed for home. That trip saw rain and snow in all the passes between there and Utah (thank heavens for 4x4). We made it safely home the next day and the rest is history.

In honor of this double anniversary, and in thanks for all the help that this forum has given me, I take this day to re-up my subscription to the BCF to keep it alive. Big thanks to Basil and all of you!

Bringing home the Tunebug:
https://www.drooartz.com/documents/sagas/tunebug_home/index.html

https://www.drooartz.com/public/rainbugsmall.jpg

14dna
03-11-2009, 08:15 AM
Drew;

It is a pleasure to have you and the tunebug on board.
Hope you have many more anniversaries.

Dave :savewave:

jlaird
03-11-2009, 08:21 AM
Not heard much Drew, is it running now and if not why not.

drooartz
03-11-2009, 08:31 AM
Not running, Jack. Winter proved to be cold (imagine that), so garage work was limited. I'm getting back into it right now. Current target is June.

jlaird
03-11-2009, 08:41 AM
What is to go Drew. Engine and tranny and................

jlaird
03-11-2009, 08:44 AM
Think if I had lots of money I would just travel around the country and finish folks projects. How about that for a cool hobby.

drooartz
03-11-2009, 09:49 AM
If I could afford it, Jack, I'd pay to fly you out here! We could have the car done in a week. <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/grin.gif

I've got engine to go in, tranny to check/rebuild, new front suspension to put on, disc brake conversion to finish, new fuel lines to install, new brake lines to install, parking brake to engineer...

I've got pretty much all of the sub-assemblies rebuilt, but need to do the installs and fitting. I work very slowly, though, since I generally don't know what I'm doing. Every project is a complete learning experience for me. I get there, it just takes a long time. <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/grin.gif

DrEntropy
03-11-2009, 10:01 AM
You're doin' it right, Drew! When the car's complete you will have INTIMATE knowledge of it, not much can go wrong that'd fool ya after that. And you can truly say it's YOUR car. :wink:

Congrats on the double anniversary, too! :thumbsup:

jlaird
03-11-2009, 10:18 AM
Aye, agree with the Doc. I just pulling your chain.

drooartz
03-11-2009, 11:27 AM
I'm looking forward to gaining that knowledge, Doc! Right now I'm feeling a wee overwhelmed by it...

jlaird
03-11-2009, 01:56 PM
I would bet you said the same thing when you were married Drew. LOL

JPSmit
03-11-2009, 02:53 PM

And that time, he was likely right :lol:

scoutll
03-11-2009, 07:18 PM
Happy anniversary Drew and Tunebug.

msoylemez
03-11-2009, 10:40 PM
keep going and also updating your website Drew. I check in from time to time...:)

drooartz
03-11-2009, 11:26 PM
Too true, Jack!

I do need to update the website too -- just need to get out there and do some work on the car first!

Hap Waldrop
03-12-2009, 08:19 AM
Congrats Drew.