PDA

View Full Version : Attention Spridget owners near Louisville KY

Trevor Jessie
03-10-2009, 09:01 AM
Our club's local car show https://www.britishbash.com
will be on June 5th-6th. Make plans to get your spridget there. For the past several years, the numbers of cars at the show has been on the increase, BUT the spridget numbers have been LOW.

This year the club is raffling a 1970 spitfire. Maybe if a spridget person wins it, we can can burn it as a sacrifice to the LBC gods. :wink:

bill_young
03-10-2009, 09:31 AM
Hope you get a good turn out of Spridgets. I'll be close by, but can't make it as I hope to stop by the vintage races at VIR and then finish up at the British V8 meet in Durham on Sunday evening. I'll probably be in the area Saturday night, I'll give you a call if it's early enought to grab a beer or something.

Trevor Jessie
03-10-2009, 09:43 AM
Ya know Bill, I'm not far from Jim and I'm frequently in Cincy. I keep saying I'm going to get up there and check out the BBB-MGB-GT.

Jim_Gruber
03-11-2009, 02:03 PM
Trevor,

How long did it take you to get up to Dayton from Louisville last year. If I recall it took you almost 4 hours and you went via IN rather than coming up through Cincinnati. Not sure if Bugsy would be ready for that type of trip but bonnet work is progressing nicely. Now to decide if that wheel well curve on the LF fender is worth fixing and pounding out. Got a nice smooth curve now but center of the curve dips in almost 3/4" right at the curve. I'm tempted to leave alone.

Trevor Jessie
03-11-2009, 02:15 PM
I have no idea how long it took me to get up there via the scenic route. We took one detour due to a road closing and another due to my poor navigating. I'd plan 4 if you want to take back roads. It took me 2.5 hours to get home on the interstate and I was following a guy in a 948 bugeye. We ran 60-65 mph. No worries. I feel safer on the interstate when traveling with a couple of other LBC, I do not know why.

When are we going to see some pictures of your handiwork?

Jim_Gruber
03-11-2009, 03:44 PM
I'll take a shot of the fender wheel well curve. I need opinions of srtaightening or leaving well enough alone.