PDA

View Full Version : New track in Southern Maryland

Michael Oritt
03-09-2009, 08:15 PM
I received this today:

"Tatton Motorsports Park, St. Mary’s County, Maryland

Tatton Park will be a Motorsports Park located in St. Mary’s County with a projected opening in 2011. The facility will be located on 450 acres in Southern Maryland within forty miles of Washington DC and fifteen miles of the Chesapeake Bay. Tatton Park will feature two road courses, an off road and rally facility, clubhouse, bike trails and a nature preserve.
Tatton Park will offer a limited number of memberships to individuals and corporations and will be available to automobile clubs, the holding of national and regional events hosted by organizations including SCCA, NASA, SVRA and CCS Racing. The Park has been designed by the architectural firm of Baskervill, Richmond."

Now wouldn't that be nice--this track would be less than 7 miles from where I store the Elva. The mind boggles....

aeronca65t
03-10-2009, 06:09 AM
Wow! Another new one.

Not exactly down the street from me from me but still a reasonable tow.
It would be great to have another east-coast track.

DART
03-10-2009, 12:17 PM
The spirit of Marlboro rises out of the ashes of development. My neighbor just bought a race SP to run in VRG, so while not mentioned in the press release hopefully will also be running there.
https://www.ashbournedevelopments.com/images/CurrentProjects/curren1.gif

pjsmetana
05-01-2009, 05:44 PM
Holy Tire Smoke Batman! I live in St Marys County and this is the 1st I've heard of it. Now I'm REALLY wondering if I should accept a transfer to Florida or not... I thought being close to the MIR drag strip was nice... but this??? I tell ya, something is standing on end right now... and it aint hair...

Michael Oritt
05-01-2009, 07:46 PM
Pete--It is only a proposal and given the state of things and the fact that it would be going into the middle of an area that is already developed for residential (usually tracks are plunked down out in the country and civilization come to them)I would be amazed if this gets past paper. The site of the track is only 5 miles from my shop. I could drive the Elva there but I am not selling my trailer quite yet. BTW check your PM's.

Dale--Are you referring to Joe? He was at Summit today in a black 250 and told me he is going to the VRG driving school at NHIS next month. He was wearing a grin about three feet wide.

pjsmetana
05-02-2009, 01:19 PM
Well, we can all dream, but I now fully expect it to get the Scarlet Letter of the McKay's (and the like) and the St. Mary's Political Pimp Slap... just like the proposed movie theater, the Barnes and Noble, and so on. But then again, we DID get a Starbucks... so there is a super slim glimmer of hope.

DART
05-03-2009, 10:53 PM
Michael- yes, I meant Joe. The black one is, I think, for sale. He usually drives his red one w/rollbar and keeps the black one pristine. Joe lives about a mile from me just across the line in the county.