PDA

View Full Version : Colors

Webb Sledge
07-24-2004, 10:51 PM
Seems like a while back I remember seeing some stats about how many Triumphs of a certain color were sent over here. Does anyone have that? I'd be interested in seeing how many Emerald Green TR6s were built.

Dale
07-25-2004, 10:01 AM
Frankly I'd be real surprised if such information were available and was credible. What I've read indicates that what information was tracked was mostly for EPA and safety concerns. Color I wouldn't expect much concern for. Would love to be proven wrong on this though.

sammyb
07-26-2004, 01:05 PM
Webb,
There are no reliable statistics on color production. Heck, even Chevy didn't always have this information for Corvettes.

There is good information regarding when specific colors started and ended production, though.

Also, keep in mind that it was not uncommon, even from the very beginning of TR2 production, for cars to be repainted by the dealers prior to sale. Since cars would spend so much time on docks and on ships heading to US dealers, paint was oftentimes oxidized and flaking off before getting to the showroom. Also, in cases of Olive Yellow and some other questionable factory colors, dealers would repaint the car red, green, blue, silver or black just to sell it.

Webb Sledge
07-26-2004, 01:11 PM
well darn