PDA

View Full Version : Spridget torque rating Wiki

theleisure
02-18-2009, 11:25 AM
Over on the Austin Healey Wiki they have a post with all of the various torque ratings throughout the car. I think something like that would be helpful on the spridget Wiki. My plan was to set that page up and then announce it over here so that the gurus can insert their knowledge in the correct fields on the chart. Problem is, I can't seem to figure out how to log in or register so that i can edit a Wiki page. Any advice?

jlaird
02-18-2009, 12:05 PM
All that info is in the Haynes manual and the orginal shop manual as well.

theleisure
02-18-2009, 01:04 PM
When I was swapping out my gearbox a couple weeks ago it was nice being able to reference a few different posts here while i did it. I did the entire thing using my phone to reference online materials, be it this forum or pdf manuals. I think having all of the torque settings posted all in one place on the Wiki would be helpful. I'll set it up, I just can't log in!

SilentUnicorn
02-18-2009, 01:10 PM
When I was swapping out my gearbox a couple weeks ago it was nice being able to reference a few different posts here while i did it. I did the entire thing using my phone to reference online materials, be it this forum or pdf manuals. I think having all of the torque settings posted all in one place on the Wiki would be helpful. I'll set it up, I just can't log in!

try sending Basil a Private message.

m

Sarastro
02-19-2009, 12:47 AM
Login name for the Wiki is the name you use for your posts, not the login name for the forum. Also, the login name is case sensitive, which is a little unusual. Password is the same, though.

Torques would be a useful thing to add, but most of these are in the manuals, as Jack states. However, the manuals don't have everything, surprisingly. They have a lot of stuff that really doesn't matter, and leave out things that are critical. If you have info on the latter, and know that it is right (always nice!!) that would be very useful.

theleisure
02-20-2009, 04:11 PM
m-- thanks for the tip on contacting Basil. Ends up there was some kind of error with registration codes going on.

The Spridget Torque Settings template is up as a link under technical tips on the Spridgets Wiki. Please feel free to enter any values you happen to know. I'll look some up this weekend(since I don't know any in my head) and start adding a few at a time. The template was copied from the one gregw posted in the A-H Wiki.

I appreciate your help on this, I'm sure we'll all benefit from it at some point.

sean