PDA

View Full Version : Dark Tan Carpet kit for Bugeye

jaegzie
02-10-2009, 05:31 PM
Does anyone know where I can get a a dark tan colored carpet kit? I have looked around a little and I have not been able to find one. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

JPSmit
02-10-2009, 05:37 PM
https://www.stockinteriors.com/

They don't list a Bugeye but go back to 1961 - I'd call them

also don't list - but call

https://www.prestigeautotrim.com/uk/carpets/midget_carpets.htm

Whitephrog
02-10-2009, 06:10 PM
Heritage Trim https://www.heritagetrim.com/

They are having a 25% off sale on carpet. Great quality.

scoutll
02-10-2009, 06:31 PM
John-Peter
Have you ever used anything from stock interiors?

They sent me some loop samples a few weeks ago and I was not impressed with the quality of that carpet. It was poorly looped and not very thick at all. You could clearly see the underweave material when folded around a contour, and it pulled and unraveled very easily.
I don't know what their other materials were like as I only asked for samples of the 80/20 loop.

In any case, I would ask for samples first.

spritenut
02-10-2009, 09:34 PM
Go to your local auto upholstry shop, any color you want in all kinds of qualities. 4 yds as long as the roll is 54" wide. And that is a good loop carpet
And you can get marine grade but that is a bit hard to work around the curves, still looks good not like the cheap sets everybody has.
I have done a tan Bugeye, a blue/black speckled carpet in a Midget, red, green, and next is red/black speckled. You can also match the rug to the vinyl.
Again great quality vinyls at about $15-$20 a yd. 5 yds does the seats and whole interior. So for about $200 you get real nice stuff in any color you want.
And I bet that same shop would be happy to cover your seats and do the carpet job
If you are not up to the task.
Now the whole interior is less than the seat covers from the catalogs.

JPSmit
02-10-2009, 10:43 PM
John-Peter
Have you ever used anything from stock interiors?

They sent me some loop samples a few weeks ago and I was not impressed with the quality of that carpet. It was poorly looped and not very thick at all. You could clearly see the underweave material when folded around a contour, and it pulled and unraveled very easily.
I don't know what their other materials were like as I only asked for samples of the 80/20 loop.

In any case, I would ask for samples first.

My interior is a Stock Interior - haven't installed it yet but it looks OK - recognizing too that it was much less expensive than the other options - so, likely there is some "you get what you pay for" that I don't mind.

bigjones
02-11-2009, 07:15 AM
Go to your local auto upholstry shop, any color you want in all kinds of qualities.

Hate to ask this of you but did you do any of the sewing? You know, the edging (is that the word?). I was wondering if the wife's sewing machine could handle carpet. Of course I would have to do this myself.

I actually made a tonneau for the TR3 out of white vinyl. People are in total awe until they get within 5 ft and then I notice they start smiling at the stitching.

Cheers,
Adrian

tony barnhill
02-11-2009, 01:05 PM
Moss has Autumn Leaf.

jaegzie
02-11-2009, 01:50 PM
Ok, it would appear that I am not very good for looking for this stuff. Thank you all for the replies, I plan on getting it in the next month. I will put up some pics on which one I decide to go with.

tony barnhill
02-11-2009, 02:01 PM
Moss sale endsright away!