PDA

View Full Version : Need Bugeye moved in SW FL to SC

mightymidget
02-09-2009, 12:26 PM
Back when I thought My Buyeye deal was going south I went to looking for another one. I think I have found a really good deal South of ST Peterburg FL,That I just cann't pass up.

I live near I-95 (florence SC) By chance anyone coming this way in next 45-60 days that can dolly or trailer it up to SC for me. I will meet you if you can get it within a hour or two of Florence South Carolina.

I will compensate you. Still need to get a third party to inspect for me but I think it will be a done deal by this time next week. This one is all stock except for later motor.Unlike my other Bugeye with 302 conversion.

Man my wife is just gettin over the swimming pool idea. wait till she finds out her un-employed husband just invested in another Bugeye. Need your support guys

Jim_Gruber
02-09-2009, 02:27 PM
I can relate to the UnEmployed husband. Heard I'm supposed to get a job offer today. Keep your fingers crossed for me. Bugsy needs more parts and pieces.

BugEyeBear
02-09-2009, 02:39 PM
Cheap way to do this would be to rent a Uhaul car trailer for a day or 2.

A BugEye or Sprite will fit (BARELY), but bring some extra tie-down straps (heavy duty ones can be bought CHEAP at Home Depot, buy the BIG Yellow 10000lb ones. Again, they are CHEAP!) as the front tire straps that are on the trailer don't really fit a BugEye very well, so you'll want to add more (1 or 2 at the front, 2 at the back). Criss-cross the ones at the rear to keep the back wheels from "wandering" into the GAP between the trailer's deck runners.

I hauled an old BugEye Racer from SanFrancisco,CA to Savannah,GA this way w/o any problems!
I also hauled an old Austin FX3 Taxi from near Branson,MO to Savannah,GA this way (the FX3 fit much better on the trailer, but I still added straps criss-crossed at the rear).

Check the Uhaul site for prices. Weekend rentals are typically more expensive. Weekdays can be cheap!
Local rentals are typically cheaper than 1-ways, but not always...

Good Luck!
-Bear- :cheers:

mightymidget
02-09-2009, 03:12 PM
I have a truck and trailer, just hoping "buy Chance " someone coming this way that wants to make a little side money while making the trip. It would save me a lot of Red Eye driving

regularman
02-09-2009, 06:41 PM
I can relate to the UnEmployed husband. Heard I'm supposed to get a job offer today. Keep your fingers crossed for me. Bugsy needs more parts and pieces. Ah, Jim, when did this happen? All the best to you mate, I am sure you will come out well.