PDA

View Full Version : MG intake manifold

Michael Oritt
12-13-2008, 08:55 PM
The center tube on the Elva's exhaust manifold (MGA) is burned up and needs to be replaced.

The crossover pipe on my present intake manifold is straight (horizontal) and makes the transition of this pipe very tight.

I recall seeing a manifold with an arched pipe that would make this transition easier.

Does anyone have a source for this?

Tim Hollister
12-13-2008, 11:57 PM
Michael,

David Anton at APT has the Maniflow steel intakes with an arched balance tube available. Below is a pict from the APT web site.

Advanced Performance Technologies (APT) web site (https://www.aptfast.com)

Hope this is what you are looking for...

Tim

tony barnhill
12-14-2008, 06:05 PM
Wonder if he has any for an MGB with HS-6's? I need to call David Monday.

Tim Hollister
12-14-2008, 07:24 PM
Yes, according to the web site. See link above.

Tim

Michael Oritt
12-20-2008, 06:45 PM
Dave sent me the Maniflow on approval pending its fit. The flexible jet tube for the rear carb just clears the steering column. Another phenolic spacer between the outer face of the header and the carb might give a better fit. Assuming a good seal would this affect performance?

Hap Waldrop
12-26-2008, 03:45 PM
Wonder if he has any for an MGB with HS-6's? I need to call David Monday.

Better off to get the aluminum unit David at APT sells for the HS6s, the HS6 Mniflow units runner are kind of samll for the HS6s in my opinion, the aluminum one he sells is a copy of the old British Leyland comp departement HS8 intake but instead for HS6, noce piece, I'm getting ready to build a set of HS6 with this manifold for a vintage MGB.

Personally I'm not a big fan of the Maniflow intakes, they are pipe, you can't really port a piece of pip if the runner needs to be bigger, and I seen this become a problem more than once.