PDA

View Full Version : Insurance

gsalt57tr3
12-06-2008, 03:32 PM
I have had my car under my Allstate Insurance policy.

However, with the recent NADA based values of the car, I don't think that they would cover the car up to the full value.

Problem is, I like to use my TR3 as a daily driver when the weather is good. That, and the fact that we have 3 drivers in the house and 3 cars. Each car is to have a primary driver, and we have no "spare" cars.

So, are there any agencies out there that would give me insurance based on the value of the cars? I know Allstate would total the car with a bashed rear wing's replacement value.

Gliderman8
12-06-2008, 04:00 PM
I use Hagerty Insurance and think they are good.
https://www.hagerty.com
Gliderman8

kodanja
12-06-2008, 04:16 PM
I have Hagerty!!
so far I havent had to use it on any claims (Knock wood)

But their rates and coverage are good!

Dale
12-06-2008, 04:34 PM
Have been with State Farm on both of mine since initial purchase. Full value would be nice, but their towing coverage is not limited. Quote from Hagerty was low,but I like having a local agent and will probably stay with State Farm.

TR3driver
12-06-2008, 04:41 PM
So, are there any agencies out there that would give me insurance based on the value of the cars? I'm happy with Mercury. What they do to determine the car's value is not look it up in NADA; but actually find recent comparable sales. They do odd things, like inspect the car (and take pictures) BEFORE you have a loss, in order to substantiate the car's condition (and worth).

In my case, I felt their valuation of my 59 TR3A daily driver was quite reasonable under the circumstances; and was more than I had it insured for. So they just paid me the full amount, and I got to keep the car along with the various modifications that they did not know about (alloy flywheel, gear drive starter, TR6 transmission, etc.)

TRDejaVu
12-06-2008, 05:49 PM
I have Hagerty insurance along with their 120 mile flatbed package. Never had to use it yet, but it also covers all of our family daily drivers 3 times a year.

Brosky
12-06-2008, 07:33 PM
No insurance means anything until you need it. I have Hagerty and when I was hit, they came through better than I ever expected. They have expert adjusters fro classic cars, but as Randall said, if you want the full value and coverage, have a lot of pictures.

https://www.74tr6.com/repainting.htm