PDA

View Full Version : What have I got myself into

danstr6
11-15-2008, 02:56 PM
So last week (Sunday) I attended a meeting of my car club. The Iowa British Car Club. During the business portion of the meeting, I had an out of body experience. I'm not kidding. I watched myself as I agreed to head up the committee to organize our annual car show in June. And if that wasn't enough, I also committed to having my TR6 project completed and at the show. I now have until June 6th 2009 to finish my Triumph. Just a little reminder regarding the current state of this project, the car is still completely dismantled. I have been repairing rust areas by welding in new metal this weekend. Still have a long way to go. Oh well, at least now I have some real motivation.

roofman
11-15-2008, 03:11 PM
Better stop posting and get to work.... Seriously though, nothing like a goal to motivate you. Good luck.

vagt6
11-15-2008, 04:55 PM
You're the man, Dan. It's great to see someone stand up and do the heavy lifting, the stuff that makes these clubs worth joining. Cheers to you!

In so many clubs, many folks want to ride in the wagon, but very few are willing to pull it.

You're obviously a "puller".

Good man.

Brosky
11-15-2008, 08:42 PM
When it's all over, you'll decide whether to ever commit to anything again or be committed.