PDA

View Full Version : TR2/3/3A TR3 OIL PRESSURE LINE CONNECTION---HELP

bluemiata90
11-14-2008, 06:49 PM
I'm in the rebuilding stage of my TR3 engine and am very confused about the oil pressure line connection to the oil filter assembly and the oil pressure gauge. I found a small SOLID threaded stud that the banjo connection appears to attach to on the oil filter assembly. I even ordered a new stud, washers and nut for the same assembly area and the stud is SOLID. How can the oil flow into the banjo connection if the stud is solid. I figured the new one would have a hole through it to allow the oil to flow. My question is where do I connect the banjo connection from the oil guage line to the engine and should this stud be solid. I'm very confused and any help will be greatly appreciated.

TR3driver
11-14-2008, 07:04 PM
The oil flows around the outside of the stud, between it and the filter housing. IIRC, some of the filter heads actually have a groove inside the stud hole, but not all of them do.

The inner copper washer also has a larger inside diameter than the outer one, to allow for the oil flow around the stud and into the banjo.

Remember that almost no flow is required, the connection transmits mostly pressure.

Tinkerman
11-15-2008, 08:19 AM
Good Morning Scott, I have emailed you a picture of how the oil pressure line is affixed to the engine.

Tinkerman

Sadiq
04-19-2014, 10:33 PM
Hi Tinkerman can I get a picture of the oil pressure line affixed to the engine

JKB1957
04-20-2014, 01:19 AM
You may already know this, but, be sure to use new copper washers, on the stud or bolt, when you connect the oil pressure line. I learned that lesson the hard way.