PDA

View Full Version : Wedge Wedge Seats

PATR8
11-03-2008, 10:32 PM
Well I have been working my tail off on getting my son's Volvo 240 painted and on the road. Now we have it almost completed I am looking back at my 8. I have a female at work who's dad re furbishes seats. My seats were in pretty good shape until this year and the foam literally started falling apart. I would be driving down the road top down and the foam from under the seats would begin blowing around.

After talking to the guy he states he has not had much luck with the material on the seats after re stuffing them (correct term?) He is going to look at the seats and give me a price best and works case scenerio.

So what price would be fair to have the seats re stuffed and also for them to be completely redone?

What seats are an easy swap? I would like something a little sporty (ie Miata seats would be nice) but offer a body with high miles like mine plenty of back support for the 4 hour drives to DC and back?

SCguy
11-04-2008, 09:08 AM
I was looking for Toyota MR2 seats. I think 91-93, something like that. The newer seats will work but are a little too wide looking in my opinion.

tr8todd
11-04-2008, 06:04 PM
When in good condition, the original seats are very comfortable. Have you considered buying new seat foams and covers and doing them yourself? They are pretty straight forward to do. I repaired a really bad one with some used stuff in under an hour not too long ago. Once the foam starts to break down, or the rubber webbing rips, they fall apart fast.

Mickey Richaud
11-04-2008, 09:23 PM
:iagree:

Guess you and I are in the minority, as I think the Wedge seats are quite comfortable, and very supportive. I redid mine myself, and was very happy with the outcome. Plus, they look like they belong there!

PATR8
11-04-2008, 10:11 PM
I always liked the seats in my 8 but they have literally fallen apart. the outers look ok from a distance but I can see the seams are stretching and the seats look like they have seen about all the weaar they will take. In fact I have less trouble with my back in my 8 than in my hummer. Where would one find the materials to recover the seats?

Mickey Richaud
11-04-2008, 10:24 PM
Got my kits, foam and covers, from VB - in truth, they may come from the same source as Moss and Rimmer. Good quality, and as original.