PDA

View Full Version : TR6 Trunk arrangement for TR6

bcbennett
10-25-2008, 08:00 PM
Hello all,

Thanks to many of you giving great advice, plus a ton of money at the nearest British shop (2.5 hours away), my TR6 is carpeted, newly topped, and running better than ever.

Question: I have the spare (remarkably) and an OEM jack w/handle. How are things arranged in one's trunk? I see the hook, and suspect there is a through-the-spare-wheel clamp, but I don't have one. Can someone send me a phone photo or something?

Thanks in advance!

Brosky
10-25-2008, 09:12 PM
Now that is a photo that even I don't have, but I've got to check my spare tire pressure in the AM, so if nothing is posted by then, I'll take a few pics for you.

Tinster
10-26-2008, 07:47 PM
Mine has a J-hook with threads on the straight leg.
The leg goes thru a large black plastic fyling saucer
shaped piece with a threaded metal core. A wing nut
goes down the threads of the J'bolt and tightens down the spare.

d

TexasKnucklehead
10-26-2008, 11:29 PM
I don't know if mine is original, but the spare must be positioned with the valve stem facing down (requiring removal to check the air). I'm pretty sure the jack holder is not original, but here's some pictures of my 74 trunk (after removing the usual assortment of crap I lug around).

BobbyD
10-27-2008, 08:01 AM
One of the great TR6 trunk mysteries is how to use that little leather strap in the left rear corner. It's "obvious" that something like the jack is supposed to be held in place by it, but I've never figured out how without it interfering with the spare. I just have the jack wedged in so it doesn't bounce around. So I'd love to see how to use that strap? Anyone have a picture?

TRTrouble
10-27-2008, 08:58 AM
That leather strap on the rear left corner is for cars that came with wire wheels and it's meant to strap down the knock off hammer.

2wrench
10-27-2008, 09:53 AM
Cool. I'll keep that one in mind if my dream for wire wheels ever comes
to pass. Gotta have the strap if you got the wheels, I suppose.

bcbennett
10-27-2008, 09:55 AM
Hey, thanks so much, everyone. It's kind of hard when I bought a car from under a tree in Mississippi and am trying to restore it with so much missing as patterns. Believe it or not, with all the stuff missing, it still had the original boot cover and spare. Remarkable?