PDA

View Full Version : Dimension/Picture Request - RotoFlex

dklawson
10-20-2008, 10:51 AM
This is not for me but a friend who's working on a project car. He's transplanting a motorcycle engine into what was originally a VW kit car. He thinks that the Triumph RotoFlex components might be the answer to his need for flexible drive couplings.

Can someone who has components off a Spit or late GT6 take a few photographs with a scale or ruler in the picture just to give a sense of scale? My cars don't have these parts.

Thanks in advance for any help you can offer.

Andrew Mace
10-20-2008, 11:33 AM
Just an observation: a number of folks have gone away from the Rotoflex couplings and to CV-jointed axles on GT6s. See this page (https://www.canleyclassics.com/products.asp?article=cvkit1.xml) on the Canley Classics web site as one example!

dklawson
10-20-2008, 04:03 PM
I will pass that information and link along to my friend. Thanks Andy.

foxtrapper
10-21-2008, 07:27 AM
Is there a particular reason he doesn't want to use the CV joints the VW originally came with?

dklawson
10-21-2008, 08:21 AM
In this particular kit car he's fitting a motorcycle engine as the power plant and apparently using different spindles for the rear wheels. To fit the powerplant he's chosen he's going to have to make custom driveshafts. I have not seen his engine install so I can't comment on why he thought the RotoFlex was the way to go.

I agree that something more robust and readily available makes more sense. Regardless, I promised him I'd make some enquiries about RotoFlex.