PDA

View Full Version : Spitfire 400 HP Spit

aeronca65t
06-24-2004, 04:18 PM
Saw this on another forum. A nice understated-looking Spitfire but with some real beans:

https://home.earthlink.net/~ricgibson/

Mickey Richaud
06-24-2004, 04:26 PM
WOW! Lots of effort, and quite a lovely result. Sure is refreshing after seeing some of the abominations that have graced e-bay lately!

78Z
06-24-2004, 04:30 PM
I've been following that one for a while now. Those fender flares while extreme look a lot better with the car painted rather than in primer. Not much Spitfire left but it must be fun with 400hp and 2000lbs! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

jeffsu350
06-24-2004, 11:12 PM
i would think he would have a lot of problems getting that power to the ground

im sure this light of a car with that much power can go through a set of tires in an afternoon or so

jeff3113
06-25-2004, 12:23 AM
Chapter 2 of a V8 conversion...
The 300+Hp V8 I'm running does get to be alot of fun. After putting 1000+ miles in it's stock form I think I have myself one sweet ride. Hums along effortlessly. I'm hoping for 25+ mpg eventually. ALOT of work, but it does run smooth and handles remarkably well. In fact, surprisingly well. I used to get front tire slide when cornering in the mountains around here - not anymore! Sticks like glue. I have been blessed.
I have several "key" learnings from all of this - and it wasn't cheap. I look forward to some serious play upon completing my 500 miles of "experimental" running.
Loved the link Darth- thanks for having the passion roll on.
Jeff

Webb Sledge
06-28-2004, 01:29 PM
No offense to all the nice people who have done conversions in their LBCs, but I don't like 'em. Again, that's just my opinion, but I'd rather see a British car with a tuned British engine rather than a total engine swap.