PDA

View Full Version : End of week Body Shop progress

Brosky
09-26-2008, 02:23 PM
So far, so good. Getting the major stuff done and getting ready for painting. The front panel was prepainted, cleared on the back and is ready for welding in place today or Monday.

The fenders are pretty much pre-fit and all of the powder coated bumper braces are on and the wiring has been run.

Both doors have the parking lot dings and my wife's battle scars between the grass rake and the deck lid has finally been healed.

Brosky
09-26-2008, 02:26 PM
Oh yeah, the inner fenders were cleaned and painted with two coats POR15 and the drain outlets from a 1966 Mustang 1/4 panels that I ordered from CA are on the way. More to follow on that drainage issue next week.

BobbyD
09-26-2008, 02:45 PM
Paul.......... looking real good! You're tempting me to pull my fenders just to POR-15 the inner fender! I'm just afraid that it would mess up my paint more then it already is.

It looks like you got the radiator cap with the built in temp gauge?

tdskip
09-26-2008, 02:52 PM
I wish someone could video tape the whole process...

Brosky
09-26-2008, 03:44 PM
Bobby,

Mr. Gasket radiator cap, with pressure gauge. Kinda neat!

Tom,

If I were filming them, I'd have to pat Screen Actors Guild scale and this is expensive enough.

TR4nut
09-26-2008, 04:18 PM
Paul-

Looking real good. Could you talk a little more, or give a link to the drainage outlets you mention? I will be redoing baffles at some point on the TR4 and am looking for options.

Randy

Brosky
09-26-2008, 05:45 PM
Just for the record, as I was asked off line. Yes, I do have to pay for the little dings in the doors and the POR15 and drain work, but that's minor in the grand scheme of things. Hagerty was fair, so I'm not taking advantage. I was happy with the settlement and the extras are mine to pay.

tomshobby
09-26-2008, 06:27 PM
Paul, you might remind the shop to paint the underside of your hood when it is positioned so the interior of the holes do not show unpainted areas when the hood is raised. Most shops seem to miss this detail.

TR6BILL
09-26-2008, 06:46 PM
Paul, I have one word for you. <span style="font-size: 20pt">Ratco!

</span>

I know you would really like to jerk that beautiful body and slide a shiny new Ratco frame in there. Wouldn't that be sweet?

Bill

Brosky
09-26-2008, 07:21 PM
Bill,

My frame has been stripped to bare metal, prepped and painted completely with POR15 and then every attaching part has been blasted and powder coated, with all new bolts and bushings and reinstalled. It's like new under there already.

Tom,

He did the hood three years ago and is aware of the mirror look in the polished radiator shroud. Any mistakes show up twice with that thing installed.

Randy,

I'm going to install the rubber slotted one way drain vents that were used on the early Mustang quarter panels as a shield to run the line from the hose shown in pictures #1 &amp; #2 to the inner splash shield, high enough above the tire spray to negate any possible water coming in.

I should have them early next week for a better look and posting of what we are going to do. https://www.americanpony.com/store.mv?p=597200

TR4nut
09-26-2008, 07:57 PM
Paul-

Hadn't seen those before, I definitely would appreciate a photo of the installation. I don't like the other option often used of routing through the sill, mine are in questionable shape already.

Randy

toysrrus
09-27-2008, 05:15 AM
Hi Paul,

All I can say; "Its looking really Grand"!!

Russ

LastDeadLast
09-27-2008, 06:51 AM
Looks great. I've always like to looks of a car before paint... very clean.

Can't wait to see the finished product.

-s

Brosky
09-27-2008, 11:50 AM
I just checked with Mustangs Plus in CA and my little drain project rubber parts are due here on the 1st, so I post a separate thread for that.