PDA

View Full Version : Fuel line elbow for front carburetor.

09-14-2008, 03:09 PM
Does anyone know if any of the big 3 sell just the molded fuel line elbow for the front carburetor? I replaced all my fuel lines earlier this Summer and I noticed today that the one small piece from the metal "T" to the front carburetor wants to kink and slow the fuel flow. I couldn't find it listed on any of their web pages but as I recall when I changed it, it seemed to have a natural curve to it.

Percy
09-14-2008, 03:38 PM
They, (Moss) sells the molded rubber elbow for the 6. A bit pricey though. I found mine locally in Vancouver. Bought a second for kicks.

Brosky
09-14-2008, 04:03 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:]New twist on chicken and egg theory:
Which came first, the breakdown or the fix?[/QUOTE]

That could depend on whose car we're talking about.

Minesweeper
09-15-2008, 07:42 AM
I got that fuel line elbow for my TR6 from TRF. About $4 and worth it since, as you point out, straight fuel line will kink. See the Blue book: https://www.zeni.net/trf/TR6bluebook/42.php

Scott

LastDeadLast
09-15-2008, 07:48 AM
Does anyone know if any of the big 3 sell just the molded fuel line elbow for the front carburetor? I replaced all my fuel lines earlier this Summer and I noticed today that the one small piece from the metal "T" to the front carburetor wants to kink and slow the fuel flow. I couldn't find it listed on any of their web pages but as I recall when I changed it, it seemed to have a natural curve to it.

If you want, I have an extra brass tee compression fitting for 1/8" fuel line you can have. PM me if interested.

-s

09-15-2008, 07:37 PM
Thanks for the link Scott and thanks for the offer Shannon. I'm going to order a couple from TRF now.