PDA

View Full Version : Wedge Follow-on TR8 interior question - seats

tdskip
09-13-2008, 10:03 AM
OK, OK, you guys <span style="font-weight: bold">overwhelmingly </span>suggested plaid trim. I'm sold.

I'm going to have a local shop rebuild my seats, which means they won't be able to match the plaid on the door panels.

Think solid seats in a matching tan would look OK instead of the seats also having the plaid pattern?

DNK
09-13-2008, 10:06 AM
Tom- My seats are going to be done locally too. Either Miata or MR2. I am doing 2 tone Outside body color Leather like and inside Beige fabric.

Mickey Richaud
09-13-2008, 11:21 AM
Tom -

Why not do it yourself? I bought the entire interior kit from Victoria British - seat covers and door panels. Installed it all myself, including new seat foam and diaphragms. Not a difficult job, and they came out looking great. All matching, save for the original rear bulkhead panel which has a bit of fading. Still, you have to look hard to see the difference.

tdskip
09-13-2008, 11:41 AM
Tom -

Why not do it yourself?

Basically money, I can get the custom done for 35% less than the VB kit route.

Dale
09-13-2008, 02:19 PM
My 7 has the plaid door panels and the solid color seats in tan, and it has never looked odd or mismatched. I will do the same routine if I ever get it back to the original silver with blue interior.