PDA

View Full Version : TR6 TR6 Seats/seat tracks

mrv8q
09-01-2008, 04:43 PM
On TR6 seats, is it normal for the seat hardware to bump up against the "B" pillar? Here's a pic from my recently installed seats and tracks:

https://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p52/mrv8q/IMG_0902.jpg

When I got my car, the seats were not permanently installed, and I wound up getting some older TR6 seats from a friendly BCFer. I installed the seats and tracks using a TRF kit. I'm 6 feet tall, and feel I could use an extra 2 inches of seat travel, but don't quite have it. I think my TR3 has a touch more legroom, in this regard. This is making me think about Uncle Jack's seat kit for Miata seats.

Brosky
09-01-2008, 05:45 PM
It's too bad that Uncle Jack is no longer with us, according to last week's post.

mrv8q
09-01-2008, 07:22 PM
True, but I think Joe Alexander is going to carry the torch, so to speak, on the seat track project.

davidk
09-01-2008, 09:27 PM
I had the same problem. There are two holes on the front seat attachment. It will help if you put the bolt in the back hole on the inboard track.

Aeroken
09-01-2008, 11:39 PM
I too needed a couple more inches of seat travel (I'm 6'3") after I rebuilt my stock '73 seats and cleaned up the track assemblies. I noticed that when the seat tracks limited the travel there was still a lot of space between the back of the seat and the rear step and that the passenger seat went further back than the drivers seat. Following a tip I found online (I can't remember where, but I can look for it if you want it), I took a large screwdriver and tapped the forward roller in each side of the track back a little bit and this allowed the seat tracks to travel aft quite a bit more.

Ken

mrv8q
09-02-2008, 12:35 AM
I seem to have enough seat track travel, it's just that the seat hardware fouls at the end, by the doors ...

trrdster2000
09-02-2008, 06:25 PM
Kevin, you need to take the screw out of the lever and move it where you need too for clearance. It's a square fitting, so someone just put it back on wrong.

Wayne