PDA

View Full Version : British-car forum cards

jlaird
08-19-2008, 10:51 AM
Just made up a new batch for the fall shows.

Avery Business Card stock #5376 is perfect. Make lovely business type cards.

TRDejaVu
08-19-2008, 11:57 AM
Most of the people that I mention BCF to at car shows just look blankly back at me. I think that they are the ones who have someone check their oil levels for them and are only in it for the value increase in their investment; oh and to collect trophies for their professionally restored investments.

Brooklands
08-19-2008, 12:57 PM
Yeah, I do know how to check my oil, and have even changed spark plugs. I also managed to break my temperature gauge by snapping the capillary tube. I am about 300 levels below the Tinster mechanically, but still find this my number one place on-line.

Tinster
08-19-2008, 03:15 PM
Yeah, I do know how to check my oil, and have even changed spark plugs. I also managed to break my temperature gauge by snapping the capillary tube. I am about 300 levels below the Tinster mechanically, but still find this my number one place on-line.

<span style="color: #990000">Dave you are miles and miles ahead of me, literally !!
I don't know what is a capillary tube or mine would have fallen apart
my now. Three years ago, I did not own any auto tools except a wheel
lug nut handle. Western Auto or the car dealer did all the
maintenance and repairs for me.

I am but a humble cutter of beautiful stone and marble, remember?

d</span>

TRDejaVu
08-19-2008, 07:24 PM
I am but a humble cutter of beautiful stone and marble, remember?
There you go again, selling yourself short. You do have somewhat of a reputation for tackling jobs that the car investor brigade couldn't even attempt to fathom. As always my hat is off to you.

I am always impressed by anyone who is prepared to get their hands dirty keeping these cars on the road. Whether it is a full frame-off restoration (beyond my patience &amp; skill level) or doing the oils and plugs.

DNK
08-19-2008, 11:10 PM
I have worn the bosses t-shirt for 2 years at show and have never gotten a peep.

Dave Richards
08-21-2008, 02:51 PM
Where's the link to the cards, it used to be pretty evident, now I'm missing it...(and maybe other evident things too!)

Brooklands
08-21-2008, 03:34 PM
Click the triangle at Site Links at the top of this page, and it is the last item in the drop down menu...

Dave Richards
08-21-2008, 10:39 PM
Click the triangle at Site Links at the top of this page, and it is the last item in the drop down menu...

Nice, thanks for helping an old guy...