PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone recognize this open wheel racer?

Brooklands
07-18-2008, 10:28 AM
I could not get the images to display properly in the first two tries posting today, so I am now adding links to the text. I am trying to learn the history and identity of a race car (https://www.flickr.com/photos/brooklands/2679277141/) that recently went on display at America on Wheels. <a href="https://www.flickr.com/photos/brooklands/2679277139/" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">It
</a> lists "Ken <span style="text-decoration: underline">Brenn</span> Racing" and "Wally Dallenbach Driver" in the paint scheme, and there is a sticker on the dash that says "BEATTIE". If anyone knows anything about this car I would greatly appreciate your help.

equiprx
07-18-2008, 01:26 PM
Try contacting Dallenbach through SPEEDTV.com. He is a race commentator for the NASCAR events.

Shane
07-18-2008, 01:36 PM
I'm not sure if it was a typo, but the builder's name is Ken Brenn, Sr. He's in the National Midget Auto Racing Hall of Fame. Here's a little excerpt:

<span style="font-style: italic">Ken Brenn Sr. remains one of the most respected car owners in midget auto racing. His incredible victory as the winning car owner at Lime Rock, Connecticut on July 25, 1959 with Indy 500 winner Rodger Ward driving, remains one of midget auto racing’s greatest stories. With his Offy midget they raced against and beat some of the top cars and drivers from the Formula 1 and Le Mans series on a road course. Over the years his impeccably prepared cars, nearly always carrying #24, were much sought after and attracted some of midget racing's top drivers including Ward, Len Duncan, Bobby Unser, Larry Dickson, Don Branson, Johnny Coy Sr., Jimmy Caruthers and a host of other top drivers from the east coast. The five-time ARDC Championship car owner, who served in nearly every official capacity for that club, was also the mayor of Warren, New Jersey. He provided a great deal of business acumen and professionalism to the sport which clearly elevated the image of midget auto racing over the years.</span>

Hopefully this might help a little bit...

Brooklands
07-18-2008, 01:38 PM
equiprix,
Thanks for the suggestion. I have posted a request to SpeedTV to help with my quest. I have heard from members of the Racing History group on Yahoo that it probably is a Pike's Peak car and that the color scheme is incorrect for Ken Breen Racing...

I will let you know if I ever get a definitive answer.

Brooklands
07-18-2008, 01:41 PM
Thanks,
I was not looking at the photos when I typed. Typical of my current level of brain fade. I will correct the labels on the flick'r files. Thanks.