PDA

View Full Version : LBC Distributors

TRDejaVu
07-04-2008, 01:31 PM
Has anyone bought a re-manufactured distributor from NAPA or one of the on-line suppliers? I found an ad on PartsAmerica.com for a re-man' TR4 unit including vacuum advance by CARDONE at $102 with a limited lifetime warranty (yeah I know). The NAPA site lists a unit for $114 and as I have a good relationship with my local NAPA, I know they will take it back if it is not based on a 25D4. The only unknown would be the advance springs used.

I know about Jeff and his excellent reputation; I met him at the MG show last week.

70herald
07-05-2008, 02:07 PM
Well since you know about Jeff, I can only wonder why you would consider 2nd best???

Tinster
07-05-2008, 02:56 PM
Well since you know about Jeff, I can only wonder why you would consider 2nd best???

:iagree:

TRDejaVu
07-05-2008, 03:35 PM
Just asking to see if anyone has knowledge of another source, as I like to have more than one option.

Since I posted the question, I have taken apart my original distributor and a spare that I previously acquired. I mixed and matched components that had the least wear, cleaned them all up and re-assembled a unit; the advance springs were the same. When I re-timed the engine with a timing light, the mark was very steady compared to the original. Not as good as a Jeff rebuild, but definitely an improvement.

I am still interested in getting opinions of other sources re. my original question.

07-05-2008, 05:53 PM
Running a APT distributor in this bucket of bolts. 45 series.

leecreek