PDA

View Full Version : Making a faux roll bar into a real roll bar

06-29-2008, 03:00 PM
As many of us have, I am using a faux roll bar, for show only, sorta. Well, I have the rear glass welded into the thing as well as the third brake light but any way to fabricate a piece that can affix to the frame below, perhaps bolted into the frame, and seat below the faux roll bar from the bottom. Then with some serious-strong bolts, bolt through the body and into the roll bar brace. In essence, creating a stronger roll bar and one that might even pass as the real thing.

Brosky
06-29-2008, 04:09 PM
That "faux" roll bar that you talk about saved two of my fellow CCBCC members when they were slammed into from behind, pushed up and over an embankment and had a subsequent roll over. It may not be SCCA, but it's better than nothing!

And it makes a great place to mount an upper level lamp and comes in handy for pushing your car in and out of a work area.

But it won't make 1000's of Julian fries as far as I know.

gjh2007
06-29-2008, 05:15 PM
I guess my only concern is that it cannot be folded over and act like a guilletine in a rollover.

I have one hanging on my garage wall I am not sure what I am going to do with.

It's been a flourecent lite holder over my work bench since 1985! Course I didn't even have a TR from '80-'05!