PDA

View Full Version : June 8 - Hellertown PA - British Car Gathering

Brooklands
06-01-2008, 06:22 AM
I plan on being there with Fagin. Last year we had four cars from the Forum that I knew of. Is anyone else going this year? It is a nice casual show.

DART
06-01-2008, 05:15 PM
Just a little too far for a day drive, but the club website pics look like the park is a great place for a show. It is on the event listing of our local Triumph club -TRACltd.org, hope you get a cooperating wx pattern and huge turnout.

Maybe you can make the DVCMG show at The Pennypacker Mills Historic Site located aside the Perkiomen Creek just below Schwenksville, PA on August 2nd. That one we do make a long day trip from Baltimore.

Brooklands
06-01-2008, 05:42 PM
It is a very nice venue for the show in Hellertown.

Thanks for asking about the DVGMG show on August 2, but I have already committed to Das Awkscht Fescht to show on the 1st and 2nd, and to work the America on Wheels tent on the 3rd. Hopefully the weather will cooperate for three straight days.

Bruce Bowker
06-02-2008, 03:16 PM
This will be the first year I have missed in a long time. Great location and very nice show. Just a bit too early this year for me.

Anyone going to Ho Ho Kus NJ the week after?

Bruce

Jerseygirl
06-03-2008, 06:51 PM
We will be at Hellertown with the Spit this year. Looking forward to it. Such a great setting for a show. :smile:

Brooklands
06-04-2008, 11:42 AM
Much easier to find shade than at Macungie. Looking forward to my first visit with Baldrick.

Jerseygirl
06-04-2008, 04:13 PM
You got that right. I love the show in Macungie, but it always seems to be extremely hot and sunny that weekend. What I'd like to know is who the Nash Metropolitan owners paid off to the get their nice shady spot under that group of trees every year...

Baldrick is looking forward to getting out among his fellow Brits. New carbs are on and working great, and a newly rebuilt differential will be installed before the show too. Woohoo!

Brooklands
06-08-2008, 08:07 PM
Robyn,
Great seeing you there today, and get to meet Baldrick. It was a bit warm on the drive home, but in the shade under the pines it was a cool place to relax today. Hope Baldrick did not shed any more parts on the return trip...

Jerseygirl
06-09-2008, 05:25 AM
Thanks Dave. Baldrick made it home with no problems. As always it was a great show. Don't know how we would have survived it without all that lovely shade.

It's great to hear that you and Fagin may be joining us for the Jim Thorpe Run in September. Keeping our fingers crossed. :-)