PDA

View Full Version : mini cooper v. cooper clubman

Guy_Chambers
05-28-2008, 03:15 PM
hi,

I'm an american posting here so I don't have quite the familiarity with the mini that people in the UK do. I'm in the market for a new car and i'm deciding between a cooper S (2007 convertible) and one of the new clubmans. I'm considering it because I might like a bit more space for passengers. Can anyone here weigh in on the clubman and whether or not it's a good decision? Here are the cars I'm comparing: https://vlane.com/comparison/2207

thanks!

roofman
05-28-2008, 05:37 PM
Um, this is a US based site. While I don't own a new Mini, it would seem like you awnsered your own question. The Clubman is more versitile, the convertible more fun.

Silverghost
05-28-2008, 08:54 PM
I was all set to buy a new Clubman as I have a 63 wagon. Then I went to the dealer and came to a $39,000 price tag! For not much more I could get a lot more car..... Didn't make that purchase.

LarryK
05-28-2008, 09:40 PM
If you are wanting fun and performance and sun in the eyes the convertible is the way to go. If you want 4 passenger ( a little better ) comfort and a place to haul parts for the LBCs then the Clubman is the way to go. They both handle and perform, the S is better but rides rougher because of the performance aspects. Economy the same. For the price of the S convert. you can get a basic new Clubman S for the same price and longer warranty. Warranty starts on day the car was shipped from factory. If 07 has extended warranty both will be good.