PDA

View Full Version : its alive

smeghead009
04-15-2004, 11:56 PM
For the first time after 4 months of work i felt the wind in my hair from the drivers seat of my 61 Midget it was a memorable day and to my shock nothing fell of/broke/exploded or melted ! she ran like a dream, the clutch is a little tight and nothing electrical works but all in all i think it was pretty succesful

aeronca65t
04-16-2004, 12:42 AM
I finished putting the engine together yesterday for mine (dialed in the cam, installed the head, etc).
Today I dropped it (and the trans) back into the car. It's still attached to the hoist right now, but I'm tired so I'll get back to it tomorrow.
I'm right behind you!

aeronca65t
04-24-2004, 01:35 PM
OK, now mine's running too!
It's been out since January. The block's been boiled, bored, new pistons, ARP hardware and lots of other good stuff. I've been working hard on it the last few days....great to hear it finally barking in anger!
Unfortunately, I'm sick as a dog with a sinus infection so I'm gonna relax the rest of the weekend.
Doesn't look like I'll make it to the Hershey Hillclimb next weekend images/icons/frown.gif but I'll probably make it to our first race at Pocono Speedway on May 8 images/icons/grin.gif