View Full Version : Name These Parts !!

05-11-2008, 01:10 AM
i know everyone loves to play this game, and i'd love to know what they are, so a win-win scenario. here's the pic.

EDIT: i know #3 is an insulator for carbs, but which triumph or carb?

05-11-2008, 02:45 AM
1 is the lifting eye that goes on the head and 2 is a dual carb throttle linkage. I'm guessing 3 would go to SUs. Bring them over and we can see if they match up to my HS4's

Andrew Mace
05-11-2008, 06:57 PM
I'm pretty sure that any SU (or Stromberg, for that matter) over 1.5" (H4, HS4 or CD150) has a different flange with more studs to hold the carb, so these would be for carbs no larger than 1.5".

05-12-2008, 12:18 AM
#1 lifting eye / bracket - spitfire.

#2 looks like carb-to-carb link for SU's. Looking at the center leverage arm, I'm guessing from an early spitfire with HS2 carbs.

#3 looks like its for an SU H2/HS2

05-12-2008, 08:30 AM
Agree with ^^^.

The lifting eye is what I could not find for my Spitfire.
Measure the opening in the insulators, but looks like 1.25"

05-14-2008, 01:34 AM
do you want the lifting eye? i don't have a spit and the only person i know who does i believe has his already painted and hopefully installed.

this is all from what i believe was at some time a late 60's or early 70's spit. i might also have a differential and driveshaft from an overdrive spit, how could i check this? i can find the gear ratio of the diff by spinning the input and counting the output, but what about the driveshaft?