PDA

View Full Version : How to sell a Midget?

Bill Tubbs
03-05-2004, 08:03 PM
Does anyone have any tips on the best ways to advertise a Midget for sale that will reach really interested folks vs. just throwing an ad in the local paper?

I suppose I could go on eBay like I do with everything else, but it would be much more fun to target a region so a potential buyer could just pick it up.

What are the usual suspects, er..uh.. I mean methods?

Bugeye58
03-05-2004, 08:46 PM
Well, Bill, I suppose a good start would be to post an ad in the Classified section right here.
You could also contact your local MG club.
Moss runs Classifieds in Moss Motoring, and Mini Mania has an ad section as well.
What year Midget?
Jeff

[ 03-05-2004: Message edited by: Bugeye58 ]</p>

regularman
03-06-2004, 10:09 AM
I've had good luck selling LBCs by just putting a forsale sign on it and driving it around. Make sure you put your number on it real big, take it to places like malls, wal-mart, etc. People seem to be more intrerested if they see someone actually driving it , then they know its at least halfway roadworthy. Remember British cars are high maintenance and many of them have not been maintained and this gives them a bad name to the public. Good luck.

Pat_Pattle
03-06-2004, 05:28 PM
DON'T DO IT!!!!!

Bill Tubbs
03-08-2004, 02:34 PM
Jeff, et al...

It's a 79 (last year). When I got it a few years ago the PO had it outfitted with a (non-CA legal) Weber. I reinstalled the original plumbing and it runs, but I'm not confident enough to drive it around nor go try to get it smogged. My original plan was to get it to a good LBC shop and just have a qualified mech. do the tuneup and then go get it smogged, but other cars have entered the lineup and frankly, the Midget just isn't high on my priority list (67 Alpine, 69 SAAB 95, 59 VW)

I'll check with the local club and also post it here on the Forum.

Oh, here's the URL for a small site I'd started for it: https://tubbs.cc/mg

Bill